Blah.

Options
Since I've already added a few of you, I guess its time to introduce myself.

My name is Jasmin and I'm 31. As of this morning I weigh 215.4lbs at 5'2, and while I realize by most standards I am about 100lbs overweight, what I want to lose is between 30 and 50. I've been on and off diets for ten years, getting frustrated or crazy about two weeks in and quitting only to gain back and then some. The last one was Weight Watchers At Home. I lost six pounds in two weeks but felt like I was starving. Even if it takes a year I'm losing 30lbs. My parents are FINALLY on board.

I live alone in a small town in Pennsylvania. Obviously right now the weather isn't cooperating with walking so I ordered Zumba from Amazon, but what I really need is help being held accountable.

Replies

• ChunkySpice
    ChunkySpice Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My parents aren't on board. They understand I am trying to lose weight yet don't understand why I need to eat every few hours when they live off liquid breakfast and don't eat til lunch.

Anyway... I've lost 15lbs. Right now I am yoyoing between 208 and 205. I'm not having that hard of a time with the eating itself, but I don't drink water or milk, and since I have a job that requires a lot of lifting and twisting I really don't feel like exercising even though I realize I have to.

I'm hoping with a few more pounds lost I will be able to accept my body the way it is. Not stop losing, but stop staring at the rolls wondering why my fiance wants me. (Fair warning... I'm cyclothymic... if you can't deal with an occasional whine about my body followed by "holy crap my pants fit", don't friend. My mood swings aren't fun for me either but they get better the healthier I get. Confidence?)
  • xmisstink89x
    xmisstink89x Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losin the 15lb!
  • Pizzagirl50
    Pizzagirl50 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! It's hard for people who are not in the same situation (or are choosing to not do anything about it) to understand the struggles and schedule of a person who is serious and dedicated to losing weight. It's a long journey but you seem like an outgoing person who will not let any obstacles stand in your way this time :)

Ditto about WW. It worked good but I can't live on fruit and veggies all day because I'm starving. I also didn't have the energy to exercise on it. This site is way better for me (and free!).

Good luck, keep your chin up you'll get there! If you need another friend add me :)
  • Jking826
    Jking826 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Congrats on 15lbs thats awesome...Keep it up.... I agree with the wondering why your man wants you I kinda go through the same thing with my hubby... I think its because we are so uncomfortable with ourselves we dont get why they are comfortable...Its a mind thing : )
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Great job so far! You can do it! Oh and also. Drinking water is a pain but I will say this for it...it helped end a plateau I was in recently.
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    I hate the water too but it helps and when you exercise you will find you want it more.

lots of protein in your diet will help you too

and remember what I said about the strength training???

I just ordered the prevention 2 week turn around strength dvd from amazon

I wish I could say I have lost 15lbs!!!

You are doing great girl...keep up the good work!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jmariesb
    jmariesb Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey there :) I'm from Sunbury too!! Once the weather turns nice want to walk together? Maybe at the Marina or along the wall since they put that nice path in?? You can add me.
  • ChunkySpice
    ChunkySpice Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So... its mid-April and I've lost 18ish pounds. This week I've upped my water and quit soda. It's gone much easier than last time I quit soda. Yesterday was only the second or third time I was actually under the sodium goal, and I've scheduled exercise DVDs into my calendar in hopes I might do them.
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Good job! Keep up the good work :)