bodyrock.tv

Options
Does anybody use www.bodyrock.tv for their workouts?? I find it hard to fit more than walking into my day, with two young children to chase after all day. I was looking at the site today, and it seems to mostly be about intense 12 minute workouts. I figure that even with 2 kids, surely I can fit 12 minutes into my day.
Would love to hear others' experiences, and advice?

TIA

Replies

• Abevemi
    Abevemi Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I guess not then?
  • amortize20
    amortize20 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I've been using the bodyrock.tv workouts since Jan 2nd of this year, just by doing that i've managed to lose 14 lbs.
    now i've coupled it with my fitness pal i'm make very good progress to my goal.
    their workouts are tough, but they are very supportive and there are plenty of modifications to each exercise to find the right level for you to work at.
    working full time and with 2 young kids i've found these easy to fit in around the busy home life as well.

:happy:
  • theresabugx
    theresabugx Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've been doing bodyrock since Nov and Ive lost 21 pounds and over 12 inches. All you need is those 12 min to get relsults!! just give it your all and youll love it. Plus I havent run in probably more than 6 months and i ran the other day and found that my endurance has improved greatly just from the body rock workouts. I've also started eating clean since diet is 70 % of it. I hope you enjoy it!. Im a bodyrocker for life!
  • ltosoni
    ltosoni Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm a mom of two girls and have been bodyrocking for 3 years, I found it was the easiest way to get in a short intense workout with two little ones running around, they are both in school full time now and I've gone back to work part time but still find that they are the best workouts for a busy after school schedule.
    I love it and love the results!
  • exercisathon
    Options
    Hi there, I have been hearing a lot about bodyrock in the past few days and had a look at their website. I hope am not being silly asking this question, but I really was not able to figure out where to start. They seem to have a lot of intense workouts and I would love to do them, but since I am a beginner, how should I go about it. Any advice would be really appreciated :)
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I have been hearing a lot about bodyrock in the past few days and had a look at their website. I hope am not being silly asking this question, but I really was not able to figure out where to start. They seem to have a lot of intense workouts and I would love to do them, but since I am a beginner, how should I go about it. Any advice would be really appreciated :)
    +1 - has been recommended to me too and the site is humongously big... where's the start for a beginner?
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I've been bodyrocking since Jan 8, and I LOVE it. It totally transformed my body. I haven't really lose inches or weight, but I see definition in my abs and my butt is perkier. I have two preschoolers and work full time, so it's easier to fit in a 12 min workout.

This week, they started posting shorter video, and didn't really give modifications for beginner. I suggest and trying out the exercises as is, and tone it down as needed as you go . Like, knee push-ups or incline push-ups in place of regular push-ups, squat jump or squat (if you can't do the jump) for burpees. And you can start with low weights and work up to heavier weights, or start with bodyweight and go up. The thing about bodyrock is that you just push yourself to your max, so you can work at your fitness level. The January 30 day challenge is a good place to start. Those videos are the most thorough with modifications for different levels. Once you get through those, you will know how to mod the exercises in the newer videos.
  • exercisathon
    Options
    Thanks for that! My aim is to do some exercise that will tone up my body (or specifically tone up my tummy) rather than lose weight. I have a toddler too, so most of my exercising is after his bedtime!

I had a look last night and feel a bit intimidated by the pace, but I guess I can work to my level. Think I will give it a start either tomorrow or on Monday and see how I get on. So would I be right in saying that I do one of the videos for the warm up, then the challenge and then the cool down?

I can see that there is a calendar for the February challenge but could not find one for the January challenge. Am I missing it or is it not there at all?

The January 30 day challenge is a good place to start. Those videos are the most thorough with modifications for different levels. Once you get through those, you will know how to mod the exercises in the newer videos.
  • sarahrichards81
    Options
    Hi

Bodyrock is amazing - love it.

I would suggest you start with the fit test (search for it on their site). I then do this every 2 weeks to track my progress (am definitely getting fitter).

The thread has a link to an online interval timer (really useful if you don't have an actual one) and a list of all the equipment-free workouts on the site (easier to do the ones with on equipment if you're a beginner).

If you find it hard at first just keep going - anything can be modified (if you can't do a jumping burpee just do a stepping one, can't do a full press-up do them on your knees or against a wall etc). Loads of people on here love bodyrocking and love to help so if you're struggling with specific exercises then ask on her for modifications. I personally have taken all my favourite exercises and created my own 'suite' of circuits which range from 12-20 minutes so I can pick one up easier depending on how long I have.

Sarah
  • sarahrichards81
    Options
  • exercisathon
    Options
    Hey thanks for that. I checked out that link last night and found it quite handy, especially the list of workouts without equipment :)
    Perhaps I will have a look (or try) through them over the coming days and prepare a 'suite' of my favorites too! I really want to tone up and keeping my fingers crossed that this helps!
  • Abevemi
    Abevemi Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodyrock.tv/category/february-30-day-challenge/
    This is the one I started with...I found it really good for beginners (and I was a big time beginner!)....3 weeks into it and I am feeling fantastic!