The New Girl

Options
Hi, guys. My name is TIffany and I just downloaded the myfitnesspal app yesterday. I'm a Georgia girl, ready for summer shorts and tank tops but have to get busy getting my body together first. Would love to meet a workout buddy in the area if anyone is interested. I'm married with 2 children... and I have really let the pounds pile on, due to lack of control with my eating and lack of exercise obviously. I think the time has come where I have had enough!!! I'm ready to be fit and healthy, and to do whatever it takes to get there. Any advice/encouragement is more than welcome. Thanks for reading, and God bless you!

Replies

• dsagaties1963
    Options
    I'm not in your area, but I'd be glad to have you as a buddy to support you on your weight loss journey. I live in NC and have tons of weight to lose
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Remember it's not a race it's a journey. Educated yourself on healthy eating. Make changes you can stick to forever. Find healthier alternatives for the food you love. For proper Portion control a food scale really helps too. Good luck.
  • WhiteDoveStudios
    WhiteDoveStudios Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tiffany ..... you are in the right place.....You can do this is all about consistancy. numbers are gonna fluxuate but that doesnt mean you quit... I weigh every day... some say not to but it works for me ... if i go 3-4 days and dont see something happening then i know i have to vary my routine a bit - our bodies adjust... get creative find recipes that give you the biggest bang for your buck.... treat your self but write it down and be accountable. The only thing stopping you right now is you... and sometimes thats a hard thing to hear.. it was for me... but everything we do is based on a choice and we ..... all of us on here are choosing to do this becasue we want to be healthy and we hae the ability to lift each other up and support each other by sharing recipes or just holding each other accountable... I love my MFP family .... they keep me going... they pick me up when I feel like im falling - you can absolutely do this i lost nearly the first half of my goal with just diet change alone am now doing exercise too .. I am determined to make this happen ... but you know at the end of the day what we weigh doesnt define who we are. It contributes to how we feel about ourselves ... and that is important but we have to love ourselves enough to justify the effort to change... :0) We are walking this walk together !!! anything I can do to help you let me know :)
  • kellygirlfail
    Options
    I'm not in your area either, but I wanted to welcome you...I just joined a couple of days ago and love it so far!!
  • tiffylc37
    tiffylc37 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hey Tiffany! My name is Tiffany as well from NJ. Just downloaded and been using for 2 weeks and I am down 7 pounds already. Great app you will love it! Same as you I have had enough. Put on that newly wed weight and I need to get down to the 135-145 range! I am not sure what my weight will end up since I am a busty girl! But I want to feel good and be healthy.