Im new here, in need of some friends please :-)

Options
Hi there. Only just started on here about a week ago and im in need of some friends for moral support!
Im 26 years old and im married to my lovely husband Jonathan!! We have a 9 month old daughter called Isabelle, and shes fantastic!!
Im struggling with the weight i put on during pregnancy, now im super busy with my daughter and i never feel like i can have 2 minutes to myself to exercise. I have started cutting down portion sizes, and looking at what calories are in what, so im eating better now. I think i need an extra push to get me motivated to do exercise as im not very sporty at all. Im wanting to loose about 2 stone, so i have a long way to go. If theres anyone out there in a similar situation to me then id love to be your friend ;-)

Debs x x

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place. All you have to do is log on and someone is always here. Friends come and go but hopefully MFP will be here forever. Welcome and good luck. :drinker:
  • ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want too...I'm usually on here or use the mobile app (which I LOVE because it has the barcode scanner feature)...Have fun with this and good luck! :-)
  • dsagaties1963
    Options
    add me I'm always looking for more friends and support, and remember on exercises here there is one for walking carrying a baby, so don't forget to add that in, I've had to go through it and actually found things I've been doing that is considered exercise,
  • LauraMcCourt
    LauraMcCourt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have just had baby 5 weeks ago, determined to lose what I put on, I have 11lbs to go xx xx
  • Tina180130
    Tina180130 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi Debs,

I know what it can be like when you have a little one to care for. But it is normal to gain through pregnancy so don't worry just try and take plenty of walks as part of your cardio (15-30 mins is good). You need to have a good amout of calories (especially if your breastfeeding). Just don't cut your calories too drastically, you need to get good healthy foods (and maybe the odd treat from time to time) and remember to drink lots of water. Be patient but, be mindful of what your are consuming and try and get some exercise in, even if its just walking (it helps tone without breaking down muscle - best cardio ever).

You are more than welcome to add me as a friend for mutual encouragement.
    Best of luck Tina.:smile:
  • Chinkybrowneyes
    Options
    Hi Deb , I am 31 and have 12yr old twins and I am just now trying to lose my baby fat. lol. Add me, we can motivate each other
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Hi Im Donna I have 4 kids and looking to lose the last of my weight, Ive send you an invite :)
  • Aviation21
    Aviation21 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi Deb,

You don't need to be sporty to exercise, get out the stroller and put some walking miles in feel free to add me as a friend.

Good luck with losing 28 lbs.
  • navywifey3
    Options
    Hi!

I totally understand where you are coming from! Just joined today! I'm Mckinsie, I'm 22 years old and i have a 3 year old daughter. :)
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    After I had my children depending on what part of the country you live in, I walked with the baby in the stroller. I know some areas are still quite cold but once beautiful spring time arrives, walk off those pounds and bring the baby.