Shoes

Options
I want to try HIIT, but since I'm a walker and already walk at a very brisk pace (4.0-4.5), I think I'm going to have to jog/run/sprint.

My shape-ups are wonderful for walking, giving me great support and positioning my foot well for a walk, but I know that running is a whole different stride. I'm wondering if the shape-ups would be okay to use for a few trial runs.

Since I don't know if I will actually like this/it will be effective for me/I will keep it up, and I don't have the funds to buy another pair of shoes, I don't really want to invest in running shoes if this doesn't work out.

So my bottom line questions are: will I get a good idea of the technique in the shoes I have and if i use them, will it ruin my feet or the shoes?

Replies

• TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Boy I don't know about the shoes but it may hurt your feet or even your ankles. I'd go to a good running shoe store and ask them. There are some running forums on here, maybe they will have a bunch of info? Good luck!
  • Severa832
    Severa832 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    No, you should not run in the Shape Ups. I looked into it when I thought about buying a pair and found on the Skechers website (I think) that you should not use them for running.
    If cost is prohibitive, maybe try stores like TJ Maxx or Ross? I always get my running shoes there since they can be so expensive at "regular" shoe stores.
  • chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all!