Greetings

Options
I just signed up here as a friend recommended it to me. I used Sparkpeople back in the day, but kind of fell away from it for various reasons. I have been wanting to lose weight and get back in shape for a while, and really just need to force myself to do it, and this site seems it will force you to really look at what you're doing. I'm into Paintball and don't consider myself too inactive (I work in IT, so my job doesn't have me moving much). I also travel 4 days out of the week, so that's probably going to be my biggest hurdle in this.

Replies

• timaeus_drache
    timaeus_drache Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • jimjam3782
    jimjam3782 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see you took my advice man! This is a great site with lots of cool people.
  • bamajes
    bamajes Posts: 24
    Options
    Welcome. If you need friends, feel free to add me. I'm new to the site too.
  • toiharold
    toiharold Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I've just recently joined too and I am highly motivated!! It's good to surround yourself around people who have the same goals. I have a sedentary job also and I have discovered that just by increasing your normal daily activities help with exercise. For example I usually walk during my "lunch" time(previously I didn't take a lunch). I also bought a heart monitor/pedometer to help me track my daily activities. Doing those things and now joining this site I have seen great results. I began my weighloss trek 12/27/11 and I have lost 18 pounds so far. I am very excited. Just keep the faith and stick to your plan. Please feel free to add me as your friend if you'd like. Username toiharold.