Am I the only fat *kitten* in the world?

Options
marekdds
marekdds Posts: 2,208 Member
I read comment after comment about how people can't eat all their calories or exercise calories. I eat all mine and want more. It takes restraint to stay in check. I know exercise makes you healthier, but I exercise so I can eat more. Eating too much is how I got fat. Other than people with medical problems/injury, for whom I really feel badly, how did everybody get fat? Am I alone?

Replies

• grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    haha I wonder myself how people can have trouble eating so little calories. Surely if you go from eating highly calorically dense junk food to eating nothing but low calorie whole foods it will be difficult, but it seems like that's often not the case.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I'm totally with you! I eat all my daily calories and all my exercise calories.... I love to eat. And some days, that's just not enough for me...

I keep telling people the only reason I run is so I can eat more! :laugh:
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I read comment after comment about how people can't eat all their calories or exercise calories. I eat all mine and want more. It takes restraint to stay in check. I know exercise makes you healthier, but I exercise so I can eat more. Eating too much is how I got fat. Other than people with medical problems/injury, for whom I really feel badly, how did everybody get fat? Am I alone?

I love to eat, I love food, and I especially love fatty food. I gained weight because I was eating ~4000/day! So yeah. Restraint. Restraint. :P
  • grnice
    grnice Posts: 96
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss, that's awesome! I still don't really get how/why people eat their exercise calories back. If I'm fine and not hungry eating xx amount of calories a day, then exercise calories are just an extra bonus and will create a bigger defecit at the end of the week.

Anyway, I'm starting to be one of those people who can't eat all their calories. I used to live on a diet of fast food and cupcakes and am now eating healthy and I'm way under my required calorie intake. I need to eat more at breakfast I think. Trust me, it's possible to be huge like me and then have a hard time eating, I know, hard to imagine.
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I feel so hungry all day, whether I eat my excercise calories or not. I know it's going to be an adjustment for my body and my mind, which in my case may be whats really hungry since I tend to be an emotional/stress eater. Don't worry, you aren't alone in feeling this way!
  • JenChis22
    JenChis22 Posts: 25
    Options
    I hear ya!
    I've decided to make a lifestyle change that includes ONLY whole foods and I've omitted gluton and dairy, except for greek yogurt and cottage cheese. I eat only organic meats, fruits, veg, nuts and seeds for the most part. It was a VERY difficult change to make at first, but I'm 2 weeks in and feeling so much better physically and mentally. I still struggle some days, but for the most part I am not nearly as hungry as I used to be. The key, for me anyway, to get through is WATER. A lot of times we mistake the body needing water for hunger. As a rule of thumb, a healthy person should drink 1/2 oz of water for every lbs they weigh. So, if you weigh 200lbs, you need to drink 100oz of water a day minimum and more when you are working out. On days that I struggle with my water intake, I add a little lemon or ginger and that helps me to drink more.
    So, long story short, try to drink more water, especially when you are hungry and see if that helps.
    Best of luck!
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    i love to eat and it is never hard for me to eat my calories! so no, you are not alone!
  • tbrewst
    tbrewst Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Girl I am from the south and we LOVE to eat and prefer it all to be deep fried! That being said, I find that when I am eating a mostly whole foods, very little processed foods diet I am not as hungry as when I eat within my calorie range but more processed, carb-y type foods.
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I agree with the posting above. It is all an adjustment. Once you view your portions and the amount that you should be eating, the rest kind of begins to follow. You have lost a great amount of weight to begin with, (& CONGRATS ON THAT!!). So, I don’t believe that eating back your workout calories has been an issue.

Each and everyone’s approach works differently and is beneficial to every person in their own way. I like to zig zag and eat back my workout calories every now and then. Continue to do what works for you. It’s doesn’t make you a fat *kitten*, LOL!
    Keep up the good work!
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I definitely got fat by eating too much, late at night and fatty foods (while in university; that's where my issues started. I gained the Freshman 60!). Unless I'm not feeling well, I will easily be able to eat the calories too.
  • domsmoms
    domsmoms Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Let me reassure you, no!! I got this way by being a lazy slacker who ate too much and didn't exercise. No excuses at all, I was already overweight before I got pregnant. And now I am heavier than my highest pregnancy weight, and my son is almost 5!!

That being said, I think most folks on this site are pretty motivated, and changing their lifestyles, and I am willing to wager that that includes you. I personally don't want to dwell on how I got this way, just focus on going the opposite direction!
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I got big with my pregnancy of our second child in 2010. I used it as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted and was not active at all. I thought that since I was pregnant, no one would judge me for eating sweets and fast food. I was too tired to cook, so we ate out almost every night. And I got to indulge on things, I havent had in a while.

Now reason I didn't lose the weight right away after, is because I had to break the habit. And I finally have a year later after his birth. And now I never go over my calories and it's very easy to eat 1200-1300 calories and still get to enjoy what I eat. Before I probably ate almost 3000 calories when pregnant, and about 2200-2500 after his birth. No wonder I never lost weight.