47 lbs down and I feel GREAT!!! before and after pics

Options
Cccaroline
Cccaroline Posts: 196 Member
Hi, I'm Caroline,

I've been on mfp since last April, I've lost 47 lbs so far with a combination of diet and exercise, and I thought it was about time I posted some before and after photos, and my story for anyone that's interested.

I have battled with my weight since I was a teenager, usually sitting somewhere between 15 abd 30 lbs overweight. Then in 2000, I stopped smoking and dieted to my goal weight, 125lbs. But I hadn't really made a lifestyle change, so, even although I swore I would never do it, the weight gradually went back on, and in the years that followed, I piled even more on. I ended up being far heavier than I had ever been in my life and felt constantly tired, never had any energy for anything, full of aches and pains, getting problems with my knees, ankles, and back, felt frumpy, ugly, and never felt like doing much.

Then in April last year, inspired by the success my daughter was having loosing her baby weight, I tried to loose weight again for the umpteenth time! This time I looked again at this app I had downloaded the previous year but not done much with - MFP.

I've always liked fresh, healthy food, but also used to also love chocolate, cheese, bread, Mc Donalds, biscuits, peanut butter, eating too much and being really full!!!

I started not only logging my food, but looking at the community pages, and getting friends to support me, and who I could support. I can honestly say mfp, and the friends I have made here, and support from my daughter and family have completely changed my life!!!

I found logging my food properly was a revelation, and that I could stick to my calorie allowance and eat really healthily.

After a couple of months, I started reading about different exercise regimes others were trying. I've never really done much exercise, only hiking on holidays and on the odd weekend. I was always really bad at any other exercise, especially aerobic types, even at school. I came accross c25k (couch to 5K running programme), which had had successes with complete couch potatoes like me, so I thought I'd give it a go! I completed that in the allotted 9 weeks last September and now I really love running! Before, loving ANY type of exercise has always been a really alien concept to me. Since then, I have joined the gym (I had never set foot in one before then), and 2-3 times a week I run, swim, do various cardio workouts, and a weights programme.

I don't think I have ever felt this full of energy and healthy in my life ( and I'm 50 now! )

I feel so grateful every day that I have managed to turn my life around.

I've still got a way to go, I can't seem to shift the last few pounds, but I will get there.

The main thing I want to say is two things. Firstly, a huge "thank you" to all the mfp friends who have supported me on this journey - you know who you are. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Secondly, I really want to encourage anyone out there who is struggling to get their weight off like I was. I know it's been said before, but I can do this, anyone can. You won't believe how much better you can feel, and eating all that yummy fatteneng stuff and veging on the couch is just sooo not worth it.

If you haven't done so already, get off your backside and do some exercise, start logging food and exercise, eat healthy, stay within your cals target, and your body and mind will thank you!!!!

Here's a photo collage. I haven't got many from when I was really fat - I didn't like having my photo taken, surprise surprise! The first ones are from 2009 on holiday in New York (what an amazing city, I love love love it!!!), the second from last spring, and the last one from the other day, from a group my daughter took of me messing about in my bedroom, trying on some new clothes, my new favourite hobby!

I hope someone is inspired to continue on their journey, and thanks for taking the time to read mine. :happy:
Caroline xx

October2009Dec2010andMar2012.jpg

Don't know why it's cut the " after" photo off, so here it is ...
picstakenoniphone123.jpg

Replies

• Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Well done on your brilliant work. You sound like you are in a great plavce. Thats what its all about :O) xx
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic! Congrats. Even if you don't manage to lose those last few pounds, you look fantastic, and you're so much healthier, right? No worries, and keep up the great work!
  • sportsciencegirl
    sportsciencegirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Seriously! And really happy too! Well done, so pleased for you!
  • grimms11208
    grimms11208 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! Great work!
  • claram5415
    claram5415 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Look at the rolls you lost around your neck and middle! You look great! Keep it up, don't go back and thanks for the inspiration!
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Wow, your story is so inspiring and you look amazing!! Definitely a hot grandma :) Great job!!
  • laurenlind
    Options
    The smile on your face says it all! It sounds like you have had such a wonderful, positive journey!:happy:
  • torsaer
    torsaer Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    completely FANTASTIC Caroline and so glad to be your friend :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • stephaniej05
    Options
    Great job Caroline! Your story is very inspiring
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    You are amazing Caroline. Love, love, love this! What a fantastic transformation you have made in your life for the better. You are just glowing in your after pic. Absolutely beautiful!
  • wittyusername
    Options
    Wow! you look amazing! well done x
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look fit and happy!
  • Izufblu4u
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing ... I just joined MFP and hope that I have the same success that everyone else is having here. Found out about this site from a fellow student @ HJC and she too is well on her way to her goals. Keep up the good work!!!!
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    You look terrific and should be justifiably proud of yourself! On my way there too and sooooo glad to see another woman in my age bracket looking so good!

Edited to add:
    Did you find that changing your diet and exercising actually made your skin look healthier? People never used to think I was anything but my age - now I get "No Way!!!" all the time - and you look like that probably happens to you, too.
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    What an awesome job!! You look wonderful!!
  • Janice032557
    Janice032557 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Wow! I have read several success stories and I am still amazed at how different everyone looks after the weight loss. You look awsomely fantastic, and happy! Congratulations on the weight loss! Seeing the before and after pictures is very inspirational! Thank you for sharing.
  • RunChristyRun
    RunChristyRun Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your story! :)
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!
  • imcountingcalories
    imcountingcalories Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Caroline, you look beautiful! What a fantastic transformation! :smile:
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look great and 15 years younger.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!