Xbox Kinect - Biggest Loser

Has anyone tried this? At the moment I'm using Fitness Evolved and it's good for breaking a sweat but I've seen a biggest loser game and I'm wandering whether to purchase it...it's not on the cheap side though so not sure whether to stick with what i've got and carry on with the 30DS

Replies

• fetchfury
    fetchfury Posts: 84 Member
    I used my mum's wii fit when I was home for Christmas and it was INCREDIBLE!

i really want to buy kinnect for XBOX as i already have an XBOX 360, but soooo expensive...maybe worth it
    though, it realy does help you stay on track, especially with the wii fit, it tracks your fitness like on here just
    by standing on the board!
  • minnie84
    minnie84 Posts: 68 Member
    Has anyone tried this? At the moment I'm using Fitness Evolved and it's good for breaking a sweat but I've seen a biggest loser game and I'm wandering whether to purchase it...it's not on the cheap side though so not sure whether to stick with what i've got and carry on with the 30DS

i have this on the wii only cost me £9.00 lol i luv it but my friend has it on kinect she does a 40 min work out and said its knackering but she likes it and feels the effects she said its worth it and cheaper than going to a gym hope that help
  • sche1amy
    sche1amy Posts: 86 Member
    I actually bought the BL for 19.99 for the Kinect. I had a body scan done and this weekend will try my first workout. From what I have seen I think it will be really good :0)
  • jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216
    I actually bought the BL for 19.99 for the Kinect. I had a body scan done and this weekend will try my first workout. From what I have seen I think it will be really good :0)

Where did you find it for that price? I'd love to give it a go!
  • haylee1981
    haylee1981 Posts: 70 Member
    Think I will get it now, getting married in 4 months so need all the help I can get. Maybe I'll look on ebay later, see if I can find a cheap used one
  • jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216
    They have it at Wal-Mart for $19.96
  • haylee1981
    haylee1981 Posts: 70 Member
    Just purchased it on ebay for £13.49 with free p&p. Should receive in the next 3 days...yay me. Can't wait for something new to try
  • minnie84
    minnie84 Posts: 68 Member
    have u tried zumba xx
  • v_addison
    v_addison Posts: 114 Member
    I own it and it's fantastic. You really work up a sweat and the motivation they give you is great. Definitely worth the money.
  • maximouse
    maximouse Posts: 28 Member
    Hi Haylee,

I just saw you were gonna try the xbox biggest loser - wht did you think?

I've been using that since Jan 2nd with this MFP to track my exercise/food cals.....the workouts are pretty good I thought - how bout you?

M
  • The last time I really tried to get in shape I used Kinect Biggest Loser, and I'm using it again now. I really like how it allows users to set up routines tailored to needs and and desires, and how the routines are generated from a large library of exercises. I know I can tell it that I want my sessions to be about 20 min long and there will be variety in the workouts--much better than the fixed time length and repetition of watching the same DVD over and over again. I do wish there was a little more variety in the trainers' words of encouragement and the like, but what's there is pretty good.

The weekly weigh-ins and challenges (just like being on the show!) can be a little cheesy, but are pretty fun. And the challenges offer a nice change of pace. Knowing you're not going to get booted from the program if you come in last does reduce some of the tension though--maybe adding that possibility would be a better motivator! (Nah, just kidding. That would be too cruel and highly demotivating!)

It does take some tweaking, but that's more a Kinect issue than a BL issue. I find it can lose track of me when I'm doing a floor exercise, for example, and it never quite reads some of my stretches right. But on the whole it does an amazing job of "observing" the workout and giving feedback to do it better.

I recommend it!