For anyone doing a kettlebell work out with a HRM??

Options
Laceylala
Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
I just did 38 minutes of the Skogg kettlebell system "roots" level 2 and according to my bodymedia fit (exact same thing as a body bugg), it says I only burned 127 cals. For each segment, I used an 8 kg bell with the exception of the warm up and the squats where I used a 4 kg bell. Now I KNOW this is more about burning fat and building muscle, but it is vigorous enough to feel like I am also doing an all over cardio routine as well.

My question is how many calories do you all burn when you do your kettlebell routines on an average of say a half hours work out?

Thanks for the input everyone! I am obviously not an expert with kettlebells but am totally loving this work out routine and can't wait to see what happens to my body at the end of the 12 week program.

Replies

• tiarah83
    tiarah83 Posts: 45
    Options
    Well, I just did my first workout with kettlebells yesterday. I used a 20 lb kettlebell, series of 5-6 exercises, 3 rounds, 40 seconds work/20 seconds rest for a total of 25 minutes. I also jumped roped for maybe 5 minutes to warm up. I burned 318 calories.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Bumping in the hopes of more input :(
  • shaydon80
    shaydon80 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I did Brook Benten's KettleBell Butts and Guts (Fast Track) which is 32 minutes and I burned only 200 calories according to my Polar FT4. I currently weigh 150lbs. I thought it would be a lot more than that but I apparently spent very little time (8 minutes I think)in my target heart rate zone which brought the calories burned down, I guess.
  • elcy
    elcy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    "lifting" type KB exercises will not get you into your target heart rate. From what I know, only the swing and the snatch if done for longer periods of time will become aerobic and anaerobic work.