kettlebell

Options
I recently bought a 10lb kettlebell, but I only have a few exercises right now. I'd like more variation. Anyone have any website suggestions? I have the Jillian Michaels DVD on Wishlist, but can't afford any DVDs right now. Suggestions would be welcome!

Replies

• hubie316
    hubie316 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    While I love Jillian's other DVDs, it is mentioned far and wide in the kettlebell community that she does not use proper formation in her kettlebell DVD. When you have the money, Lauren Brooks has great DVDs, and you can find them through amazon or her website ontheedgefitness.com . Outside of DVDs, there are hundreds of YouTube videos showing how to do the moves, some that even give you a full workout; just make sure that they mention RKC, which is the kettlebell certification course. There are also a few websites that will show you pictures and descriptions of kettlebell workout moves.

Kettlebells are an amazing workout and I'm having so much fun with them. You will probably be ready for a much heavier bell very soon. Good luck.
  • Lissakaye81
    Lissakaye81 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have fallen in Love with this site, cause you can search exercises, it has plans you can print out all kinds of awesome free tools
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/
  • elcy
    elcy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Avoid Jillian, she'll make sure you hurt yourself with her kettlebell moves.

Go to youtube, there are probably thousands of videos from certified kettlebell instructors, you won't even need a DVD.

Also, 10lbs will get boring really quickly, I have been doing kettlebells for only 2 months and I just started doing swings with a 16kg bell, about 35 lbs. I never could properly execute a swing with only 10lbs, it's just not enough resistance to assist you with form.

And in regards to form, with kettlebells FORM IS EVERYTHING. It took a week of practicing just form for me to feel comfortable tearing away with a swing. Take your time, do it right, you'll save yourself time in injury and money in dr. bills.