Income Tax Problems 2012

Options
Ok so I can't really find a reasonable answer anywhere else, so I thought I would ask you guys.

Here's the scenario...

Me and my husband filed our taxes January 24th and it's now March 9th and still NOTHING!
As you can guess, I'm pretty pissed as I think it's ridiculous how long we are having to wait. On top of that, we paid $100 freaking dollars just to have them filed. (Next year I'm doing it myself for free like I should have done in the first place.) I can't imagine what is going on because our return was pretty simple - nothing complicated or out of the ordinary. I have been checking the WMR site and all it says is, "Your return has been received and is processing." With no estimated date or anything. And it has been the same thing for a little over two weeks! I'm getting very frustrated, aggravated, and worried because we really need our money. -____-

Is anyone else having this problem?

Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Ok so I can't really find a reasonable answer anywhere else, so I thought I would ask you guys.

Here's the scenario...

Me and my husband filed our taxes January 24th and it's now March 9th and still NOTHING!
    As you can guess, I'm pretty pissed as I think it's ridiculous how long we are having to wait. On top of that, we paid $100 freaking dollars just to have them filed. (Next year I'm doing it myself for free like I should have done in the first place.) I can't imagine what is going on because our return was pretty simple - nothing complicated or out of the ordinary. I have been checking the WMR site and all it says is, "Your return has been received and is processing." With no estimated date or anything. And it has been the same thing for a little over two weeks! I'm getting very frustrated, aggravated, and worried because we really need our money. -____-

Is anyone else having this problem?

Where is the problem?

It can take 6-8 weeks, settle down.
  • crodrigu73
    crodrigu73 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Have you checked with irs.gov? In the tool section, there is a section for checking on the status of your refund. I am a tax accountant and I refer client to check there.
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    That is strange we filed ours on Jan 25th and got them back on Feb 9th. Did the person that filed them do e-file or did they mail them in.

I know there was an issue at one point with them being backed up or something because my mom got hers late too but she does have them already.

Good luck
  • heatherrkayye
    Options
    Have you checked with irs.gov? In the tool section, there is a section for checking on the status of your refund. I am a tax accountant and I refer client to check there.

Yes... plenty of times.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    No arguing withe all-powerful irs I'm afraid. Did you E-file? E-file usually gets a much quicker return.

If you really need your money why don't you just keep as much of it as you can in the first place? When you fill out your W4 just aim for the correct number of allowances. If you play the game right you will get more money in your paycheck and hopefully end up owing the gov just a little bit at the end of the tax year. That way your money was always in your bank and you didn't just give uncle sam an interest-free loan for a year.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    charge them interest .................serious

OK not serious

kind of serious
  • heatherrkayye
    Options
    I would love to charge them interest and late fees. They do the same to us when they want their money - I see no reason as to why we can't do the same. Just saying.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I would love to charge them interest and late fees. They do the same to us when they want their money - I see no reason as to why we can't do the same. Just saying.

You don't need to, just don't lend them the money in the first place.

Every sensible persons tax refund should be as close to $0 as they can possibly get it. It always makes me laugh when I see people saying "what are you gonna do with your tax refund this year?", I usually think "oh that, yeah I spent that money last May..."