The RARE occasion when it is good to be fat.

Options

Replies

• kanmuri
    kanmuri Posts: 112
    Options
    LOL!!! My husband plays with the Jeovah's witness, too. Since his French is still sketchy, he speak to them only in French even if he speaks English. He takes their pamphlets, asks who is this (pointing Jesus) and asks them why there are no Asians in their representation of heaven (he's Japanese). They usually leave after 10mins, giving up.
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness...this made my day! Thanks for the laugh!!
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am a Christian, and I thought this was hilarious! Gives me ideas, in fact.

Same here. That is hilarious.
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    haha! thank you for the laugh!
    I actually had a friend who got shot at by accident when a cannon went off at a summer camp (WTH a working cannon was doing at a camp .. i don't know. I went there as a kid and assumed it was fake!) and the doctors said the only reason he survived was because his belly fat protected his abdominal organs!
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    This seriously gave me the giggles...I can just imagine the expressions on their faces!
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've answered the door totally starkers when I've been in a foul mood and knew they were a salesperson. I'm pretty open like that so I really didn't care but she looked for longer than she should have before pretending to be disgusted!

As for the telemarketing people on the phone, I just used to put my 2 year old goddaughter on the phone and let her chat crap to them, because it's foreign people ringing us in the uk they think they're still talking to someone sometimes! Either that or the person they ask for, tell them they died.. listen for that sudden silence then them panicking thinking what to say, priceless.
  • kag1526
    kag1526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky. Although there are a group that does this that live in our. (We call them the morons but that isn't because of their religion its because of how often they manage to set of fire alarms in the middle of the night and then not have the decency to tell the neighbors that they were just being an idiot and set off the fire alarm. And because they can't manage to back up and turn their car in the driveway without having another one outside to guide them They are actually nice people when they aren't doing this but they do seem a bit slow. ). They were told when they rented the apartment that they can't do any of this soliciting in our building So do to this we tend not to have to deal with anyone doing these things.
  • chrikoko12202007
    Options
    hahaha LOVE this!! they come at the most inconvenient times too! i have a 2 year old daughter, id just gotten home from the gym, getting her out of the car, and two men pulled up.... clearly she was tired, it was lunch time, and my hands were full but they wanted to stand out and talk. it was incredibly rude! i normally "ninja it up" and crawl around on the floor in the dark until they leave but they caught me off guard, and i couldnt very well pretend i wasnt at home when they clearly saw me. lol. then they start preaching to me about the vampires and witch craft and wizardry that are plastered all over the tv, i sooooo wanted to be like "OMG I LOVE THOSE MOVIES". lol
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    haha! thank you for the laugh!
    I actually had a friend who got shot at by accident when a cannon went off at a summer camp (WTH a working cannon was doing at a camp .. i don't know. I went there as a kid and assumed it was fake!) and the doctors said the only reason he survived was because his belly fat protected his abdominal organs!

Is is name Homer Simpson? Lol, there was an episode just like that on the other day :laugh:
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    don't you have the capability of just telling them you are "not interested"? This is what is wrong with the world today-people prefer to be rude rather than honest. But like you said-you could care less and that's the problem!

I don't think what he did was rude. It's his door; he can do what he wants. He didn't invite them over and then show up to the door half naked; that would be rude because he was expecting company and should be dressed appropriately. However, I do feel it's rude to go to someone's house, uninvited to sell or sling something. If I wanted to buy something or get more information in regards to a religion, I would go to the store or use the internet at my leisure; not when you show up to my door and disrupt what I am doing in the privacy of my home.
  • ArtsyLaurie
    ArtsyLaurie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    When it's good to be fat? Less or no bony spots when snuggling!
  • karenann1989
    karenann1989 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Lol! Or, you could just say, sorry, not interested and shut the door, equally as effective? ;)
    been there done that, they just keep ringing the doorbell. I don't like being rude to people but when they don't get the hint I will take whatever measure necessary. From now on I will have my husband answer the door half naked :) Thanks for the Laugh I needed it :)
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    That is just nasty! LOL ....and obviously highly effective. My dr says the only upside of obesity is that you are less likely to develop osteoporosis. All that extra weight means more weight bearing just by walking around. I'm losing it anyway. I'll drink milk to offset the loss.
  • greeneyed_beachgirl
    Options
    I think it's hysterical.
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I think your nipple rubbing made them flee more than your jelly belly.
  • NamsdnaL
    NamsdnaL Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid we had a neighbor who found some Jehovah's witness in his house. He was a long haul trucker and he had just gotten back into town. He and his wife were home alone wink wink. :blushing: When I guess these ladies (Jehovah's witness) had found their front screen door unlock and let themselves in. He came down stairs and into the kitchen buck naked where he found the ladies sitting having tea at his kitchen table. Needless to say the ladies ran out of the house and we never saw them in our neighborhood again. :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Hillarious!!

I wish I was witty.....I just hide till they leave :smooched:
  • IndigoVA
    IndigoVA Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    LOL! The last time I had religious visitors, it was a woman and her 8 year old daughter from a local Southern Baptist church. (I was raised Southern Baptist, but became agnostic as a teenager). I was very polite to them, and simply told them that I wasn't interested. Then my 5 year old daughter came out onto the porch and the woman starting asking her what church she attended. My daughter said that we sometimes went to the church at her preschool which is Unitarian Universalist. The woman's daughter asked me what that meant, so I said "It's a church where people of all different religions--Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu and even atheist--get together and focus on helping people in need." The woman grabbed her kid and ran off my porch like we had the plague. They've never been back since.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    One time my mom was not having a particularly good day and an Indian telemarketer called and after telling him multiple times that she was not interested, she just started talking in her version of an Indian accent, totally mocking the guy. Didn't take long for him to hang up the phone.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    LOL! The last time I had religious visitors, it was a woman and her 8 year old daughter from a local Southern Baptist church. (I was raised Southern Baptist, but became agnostic as a teenager). I was very polite to them, and simply told them that I wasn't interested. Then my 5 year old daughter came out onto the porch and the woman starting asking her what church she attended. My daughter said that we sometimes went to the church at her preschool which is Unitarian Universalist. The woman's daughter asked me what that meant, so I said "It's a church where people of all different religions--Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu and even atheist--get together and focus on helping people in need." The woman grabbed her kid and ran off my porch like we had the plague. They've never been back since.

lol, how dare you be open minded and help others that don't believe the same as you, oh the shame of it all. lol people get so silly about religion. do what makes you happy