Yoplait Whips.....FROZEN

Options
So a comercial for Yoplait whips yogurt just came on and it says you can freeze them! OMG....that sounds awesome because I hate the normal texture of yogurt.

Yum.:bigsmile:

Replies

• jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Oh man I love the whips and I bet that's REALLY good. I wonder if they last longer too...
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    On a somewhat related note, I froze a banana the other night and put a little chocolate syrup on it...delicious! Not too bad of a treat...
  • luv2dance_96
    Options
    ahhh, i just had one . raspberry :)
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    There's something about frozen bananas that grosses me out. :bigsmile:
  • kdm9295
    kdm9295 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I saw one of these commercials just this evening. It looks really good. I'm gonna have to try it.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    i think it only works for the whipped kind because i tried it with the thick and creamy and it did NOT taste good...:grumble:
  • kdanderson05
    kdanderson05 Posts: 147
    Options
    I learned this from my dietician....If you are craving ice cream do this.

Freeze any kind of yogurt, and you then get a frozen yogurt which gives you the ice cream texture, but for a cup is only close to 100 calories and tastes amazing, and cheaper than buying "frozen yogurt" at the store too.
  • TNYorker
    TNYorker Posts: 164
    Options
    I just saw that too! It's delicious, you must try it! I love to top it with some crushed pecans. :love:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    FYI.....................

Yoplait Whips have High fructose corn syrup and modified food starch in it..............

And by freezing, you make the live and active cultures dormant and a lot will die off when and if it is unfrozen.

Ingredients:

Lowfat Peaches’ N Cream Yogurt (Cultured Pasteurized Grade A Reduced Fat Milk, Sugar, Non-Fat Milk, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Peach Puree, Modified Cornstarch, Kosher Gelatin, Natural Flavor, Potassium Sorbate added to maintain freshness, colored with Annatto Extract, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3), Lactic Acid Esters Of Mono and Diglycerides, Nitrogen.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    ARRRG! Corn Syrup! The bane of my existence! Why do they put it in ev-ery-thing!?:angry: Seriously food people. Give it a break.
  • TNYorker
    TNYorker Posts: 164
    Options
    FYI.....................

Yoplait Whips have High fructose corn syrup and modified food starch in it..............

And by freezing, you make the live and active cultures dormant and a lot will die off when and if it is unfrozen.

Ingredients:

Lowfat Peaches’ N Cream Yogurt (Cultured Pasteurized Grade A Reduced Fat Milk, Sugar, Non-Fat Milk, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Peach Puree, Modified Cornstarch, Kosher Gelatin, Natural Flavor, Potassium Sorbate added to maintain freshness, colored with Annatto Extract, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3), Lactic Acid Esters Of Mono and Diglycerides, Nitrogen.

Wow, thanks for this!!!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    So far, research has yielded conflicting results about the effects of high-fructose corn syrup. For example, various early studies showed an association between increased consumption of sweetened beverages (many of which contained high-fructose corn syrup) and obesity. But recent research — some of which is supported by the beverage industry — suggests that high-fructose corn syrup isn't intrinsically less healthy than other sweeteners, nor is it the root cause of obesity.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/high-fructose-corn-syrup/an01588

I don't eat them everyday. Moderation is the key for EVERYTHING we eat.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Ohhh I saw that too, I knew there was something that I forgot at the store! I got the light and fit yogurt... not the same but I will get the whips next time, I'm excited now lol

~Leash :heart:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    So far, research has yielded conflicting results about the effects of high-fructose corn syrup. For example, various early studies showed an association between increased consumption of sweetened beverages (many of which contained high-fructose corn syrup) and obesity. But recent research — some of which is supported by the beverage industry — suggests that high-fructose corn syrup isn't intrinsically less healthy than other sweeteners, nor is it the root cause of obesity.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/high-fructose-corn-syrup/an01588

I don't eat them everyday. Moderation is the key for EVERYTHING we eat.

Yes, the corn industry is putting out the claims that it is not that unhealthy, mean while there are 1,000's of studies that state that it is very, very dangerous, in the same category with trans fats.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I don't know about this corn syrup stuff- It just seems unnatural to me.

I'm not a genius or food engineer, but I'd prefer to eat stuff that I know what it is- like ingredients that I know what they really are...I mean I guess corn syrup is syrup made from corn...but it seems strange, why hasn't it been around for 100's of years if it's ok?

Seems sneaky that it's a relatively new "invention." I feel better eating sugar even, at least my ancestors know what it is and it grows from the ground (I know alot of sugar is messed around with but there is some that's pretty close to natural.) I guess I just don't feel good about putting it in my body. I've began to learn how hard it is to avoid the stuff if I want to.

But hey, I hope it's not as bad as they say, if so that means fewer people are at risk, since they sneak that stuff into everything. Just my thoughts, I always welcome those of other folks.
  • nickidavis2011
    Options
    None of the yoplait whips contain high fructose corn syrup, I just checked all of the ones in my freezer
  • talulalaney
    Options
    I am holding a chocolate yoplait whip in my hand and it says no high fructose corn syrup and I'm a celiac and it's gluten free. However, it has 22g of sugar and my husband asked how much sugar a donut has so I looked and they have 11g of sugar but more fat. But I your body treats any form of sugar like fat. Anyone know a lower sugar alternative that tastes as good and is gluten free?