Hit goal, so time for a story & some pics...

Options
MrsSpinks
MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
When I found out I was (finally) pregnant, I was between 148lbs and 152lbs (depending on how many takeaways I had that week) after losing about 28lbs over the previous 2 years. As soon as I found out I was up the duffers, the exercise and diet went out the window and before I was even 12 weeks along, I had gained nearly 2 stone! I tried to keep active by walking as much as possible, but suffered from SPD from early on (probably from the weight gain) so I couldn’t do much!

I had no morning sickness but had a bit of nausea which was only helped by eating something sweet, thus began my daily love affair with chocolate bars, buns, pastries, ice cream and so on and son on! I gave birth to my son nearly 6 weeks early on 30 June 2011 and as of 1 August 2011, I weighed 171lbs (12 stone 3 lbs – which was a few pounds more than when I came home from hospital). I still had severe hip pain so still couldn’t do a lot apart from walk my dogs each day, so obviously, I did what most dieters do and tried to eat as little as possible! The weight fell off really easily, but as soon as my hips were strong enough for me to exercise properly (Zumba DVD’s, Jillian Michaels and Davina McCall work outs), I found I just didn’t have the energy. So I started eating to goal (1200) and saved my exercise calories for weekend takeaways and restaurant meals (sorry, but could never and will never give those up) and the weight continued to fall off! I have since upped my calories to 1400 (for a loss of .5lbs a week) and now eat 50-100% of my exercise calories back and low and behold, I am still losing over a lb a week – however I think this is more down to my recent discovery of my love for lifting heavy weights!

I’ve had 2 plateaus throughout all of this, once staying the same for 3 weigh ins and the other staying the same for 2 weigh ins. Each time, I upped my exercise intensity for a few days and had big losses the following weeks. It’s been hard graft, but super fun with the baby and the dogs (lots of walks, runs, quiet workouts trying not to wake the napping baby) and as of last weigh in, I recorded my weight at 124.6lbs! My initial goal weight was 125lbs (I'm a shorty at 5ft 4") so thought it was time to post the pics! (hopefully they work!)

30 June 2011 – in labour! Last pictures taken of me as a preggo!

2.jpg
1.jpg

August 2011 somewhere around 171lbs but no longer preggo:

3.jpg

3 March 2012 – with my older sister at my husband’s 30th birthday party:

4.jpg

Same night, side view! (We were trying to spell out 30th with our bodies!!)

5.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

Replies

• MrsSpinks
    Options
    Oh no the pics are massive - anyone know how to resize???
  • fieldsy4life
    Options
    Holy crap! You look amazing; this is an awesome success story. Thanks for sharing! :)
  • VeggieKelli
    VeggieKelli Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to resize, but wow, what an awesome job!! How tall are you? You look really healthy!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous!! :flowerforyou: WTG!
  • MrsSpinks
    Options
    Flipping photobucket is rubbish!! Never mind!

Thanks for your comments! I'm 5foot 4inches so a bit on the short side!!
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Lookin good!! Congrats on your incredible weight loss (you really look wonderful, happy and healthy) and for the birth of your baby! I'm sure the weight loss is really helping to keep up with the demands of the little one! lol
    Great job!!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • lu136mickey
    lu136mickey Posts: 202
    Options
    you look great, nice story
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous, congratulations!!!
  • mred93
    mred93 Posts: 100
    Options
    You look Awesome!!!
  • Jady777
    Jady777 Posts: 20
    Options
    Amazing job! Truly inspiring for me!
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Wow. On that third picture, you look like Ashely Judd.
  • Krissy12052
    Options
    Wow. On that third picture, you look like Ashely Judd.

I was totally thinking the same thing!!! You look amazing!!
  • cjwalker81
    cjwalker81 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You are so beautiful!! And you look amazing!!! Both preggo and not preggo!! Congrats to you!!!!
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Wow. You are absolutely beautiful. Your "in labor" pictures you look stunning! I haven't seen many pregnant ladies that "pull it off" as well as you do.

Great work. Way to rock it!
  • Evansmama29
    Evansmama29 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!! (My Hubby had his 30th Bday party March 3rd as well!)
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    you look awesome! i cannot wait to post "hit goal" photos! :-) im working hard for sure!
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    congrats on your weight loss! you look amazing!
  • bluekat61
    bluekat61 Posts: 24
    Options
    A healthy happy Mama! great job! You are an inspiration!
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    You're absolutely stunning!!! Congratulations on reaching your goal.
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You story is truley inspirational! You look great mama!!! Congrats on the weight loss!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!