any experts, analyse my diary....?

Options
my body is doing weird things! i'll try and summarise -

i was doing my BMR rate of 1200 cals with no exercise for ages, all fine, easily maintainable over the winter. then i've started to exercise again when the mornings got lighter again, burning around 200 cals, to the point i was getting tired and cranky during the day no matter how much i was sleeping. so i upped my calories to 1350 and felt great for a couple of days, a couple of lbs dropped off all good.

now though i struggle to eat, i'm not hungry at all i really struggle to get to even 1000 cals (apart from the last couple of days, it was my birthday so i indulged AND didn't run but even then didn't go over 1350). if i run in the morning i find it especially hard to eat before lunchtime - i definately can't eat breakfast.

i'm still exercising but i don't know what to do about my apetite. also those 2lbs have jumped back on and won't go away again!

will it just even itself out? am i worrying about nothing? i can't force myself to eat!

it'd be really cool if you could look at my diary and tell me if i am missing anything glaringly obvious? coz i can't work out what's going on. lols

Replies

• emmamcc1981
    emmamcc1981 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    bump?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you're pretty near your goal - dont know your height, but if you're in the healthy bmi range then simply trying to shed pounds is going to be resisted by your body.

Forget the numbers on the scale for the minute - how's your shape? Your dress size? Would some strength training to tone your muscles and help you get fitter be an idea?

To answer your question - I see a lot of sweet stuff in your diary. I know the sugar level on MFP can be really low, and eating real fruit can put you over, but there's a lot of other sweet things in your diary (buscuits, lemon curd etc). Maybe track sugar for a week or so?
  • jemachharo
    jemachharo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You frankly need to eat more. You're getting very little protein until dinner. Protein will make you feel better, have more energy. Also did not see any fruit the day I looked at. My doctor recommends 7 servings of vegetables a day and 2 fruits. Slowly add more protein, fruits and veggies so you get up to about1400 calories and you should see a difference.

Good Luck
  • emmamcc1981
    Options
    i know. i have SUCH a sweet tooth - been trying to curb the sugar but that is the thing i really struggle with TBH. i try to get a lot of protein in from beans and peanuts and grains and such - i do eat alot of fruit and vegetables on most days and i tend to cheat with inputting by putting in a 'ready meal' option when i have prepared and cooked from scratch (which i do every day) - otherwise i'd be there all day putting in every single one of the component parts! lols

i think if these last 4 lbs are ever going to come off i need to get super serious about the sugar, huh? *whinge*
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    1) Cut out the sugar as much as possible. No Snickers bar for lunch!

2) Take the time and input the recipes correctly. Try to get as accurate as possible. I plan the dinners a week in advance then spend some time on Sunday putting the recipes into the app. After a while you'll have pretty much your whole cookbook available to use.

3) Bit more exercise wouldn't hurt. This week I see 2 days with roughly 180 calories worth each time. Aim for at least 3 times a week of 300+ calories per workout.
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    This...
    By the way today looks good. Me personally I'd lower the carbs under 100 g and increase both proteins and fats accordingly.
    1) Cut out the sugar as much as possible. No Snickers bar for lunch!

2) Take the time and input the recipes correctly. Try to get as accurate as possible. I plan the dinners a week in advance then spend some time on Sunday putting the recipes into the app. After a while you'll have pretty much your whole cookbook available to use.

3) Bit more exercise wouldn't hurt. This week I see 2 days with roughly 180 calories worth each time. Aim for at least 3 times a week of 300+ calories per workout.
  • agbaeb
    agbaeb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I completely understand! :) Pick better foods and workout... and relax! :) We stress too much when we're close to our goal weight. :)
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Up the protein, lower the carbs
  • gleechick609
    Options
    I would check on your Lean body mass to make sure it isn't low... Figuring out your correct macros may help. 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass, .45 grams of fat per pound of lean body mass, carbs will fill in the rest.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Yeah, i am pretty much going to say what everyone else is saying.

Cut out ALL refined sugar and only get them from fruits and vegetables.
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    Yeah, you are down to the fine line here so you probably should consider entering every little detail. It help you see what you can fix.
    I have a terrible sweet tooth too and don't really try to focus on my sugar. I know I go waaay over but I do eat a ton of fruit an veg too and an INSANE amount of protein(except tody, I'm off a bit since I woke up with a migraine and didn't give a hoot what I ate since I was starving once I felt better).

Anyway, you should aim for 1g of protein per pound of your goal body weight. Don't try to stuff protein down your throat today...slowly work up to it and I promise your energy will pick up.
    Greek yogurt is a super yummy (and sweet) way to add some extra protein. I get the ones with fruit on the bottom or honey. There is also a delicious almond creme flavoered one too....again, they have quite a bit of sugar in them but I eat them everyday anyway!
    To be honest with you, I have to look at my weight loss over the ENTIRE month now. I will drop 1-2 pounds and then I bounce back and forth all month with those same pounds. Up and down over and over again but it never fails at the end of the month I can honestly say that I have always had at least a 2 pound loss (except around Christmas when I was at a complete plateau for about 6 weeks).
    Just try to change a few things ata time too or you won't know what helped or what didn't and you have to give the changes a chance too. Nothing is going to happen over night. So changing something today might take 2 weeks to see a real difference.
    So don't look at it from week to week. Wait until the end of the month and see where you are.
  • emmamcc1981
    Options
    thanks for all your awesome posts guys. lots to think about and try.

thanks again! :D