Is Kinect a novelty item?

Were you excited and used your Kinect a ton when you first got it and now the novelty has worn off and it is collecting dust? I'm debating buying a Kinect. I would get the Your Shape, Biggest Loser, Dance Central and Zumba games but I'm worried I'll do it for a few weeks and then that will be it.

I know it depends on each person and what they put into it but it seems everyone I know who has a Wii Fit (don't know anyone who has Kinect) stopped using it. Just thought I would get some opinions on whether you have a Kinect and have been continously using it over a significant period of time.

Thanks!

Replies

• Coach_Simon
    Coach_Simon Posts: 254 Member
    I bought a Kinect last November, not knowing I'd actually use it that often. I love my Kinect and use it all the time. I love playing the Dance Central game and especially Fighters Uncaged, a boxing/kickboxing game that literally kicks my *kitten*. It's well worth it, because there are so many good games on there that help you keep in shape. Plus, I can do it for hours, that's how much fun it is!
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    i wouldn't really think of it as a workout tool but we love it as a family to play together, beats sitting there watching tV. We play Adventure and Disneyland so far.
  • AprilShore
    AprilShore Posts: 35 Member
    My brother has one and we had a blast playing Fruit Ninja. It really worked out my arms! I would love to get one for myself!