Sweet tooth

Options
Anyone found cures for a sweet tooth? I keep trying fruit, but it doesn't really help. I'm really craving some chocolate :0)

Replies

• l_daniel
    l_daniel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My FAVORITE snack is pudding parfait. I make non-fat sugar free white chocolate pudding with non-fat milk. Then I mix it with fat-free sugar free cool whip. It makes it so creamy and fluffy. Just like that it's great, but if I'm having company I'll layer fruit and reduced fat graham cracker crumbs. It's sooo good. My husband and foreign exchange student love it and don't even notice at all that it's "light."
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    these bars always do the trick for me.... the clif kid's chocolate brownie bars.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_f20wQkgN5yQ/SW0QYxgQnhI/AAAAAAAABLM/i7nsgtWuEMw/s400/z+bar.jpg
  • Shinemaria
    Shinemaria Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My FAVORITE snack is pudding parfait. I make non-fat sugar free white chocolate pudding with non-fat milk. Then I mix it with fat-free sugar free cool whip. It makes it so creamy and fluffy. Just like that it's great, but if I'm having company I'll layer fruit and reduced fat graham cracker crumbs. It's sooo good. My husband and foreign exchange student love it and don't even notice at all that it's "light."

i gotta agree, pudding is the BEST! i love jello no fat no sugar chocolate instant pudding. 7 minutes to make, and DELICIOUS. :bigsmile: :blushing: :love: :heart: :wink:
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options

OMG I thought I was typing this and didn't remember!! This is what gets me through EVERYDAY! I make SF/FF white chocolate pudding with non fat plus milk, then I top with Cool Whip Lite, sprinkle graham cracker crumbs, and (here's the kicker), 1 tsp of mini baking M&M's. Perfect treat. Less then 100 calories. I have it in the food log as "white chocolate parfait". Too funny!
  • privatenike
    privatenike Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound really weird but I will share anyway :)

I heard somewhere (can't remember now!) that eating a pickle helps to get rid of chocolate cravings. I don't know how or why but I am curious to know if that actually works!
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I keep some extra dark chocolate so I can have a couple of pieces when the craving hits. There are also some really good ice cream fixes - I like Nestle fudge ripple light (120cal per 1/2 cup) and somebody on another thread was recommending Breyer's Smooth and Dreamy (100-120cal per 1/2 cup). Jello sugarfree pudding made with skim milk is also very good.

But the best thing is, after eating healthy for a while those cravings have really gone down. :happy:
  • junkgypsy
    junkgypsy Posts: 217
    Options
    I love the wal-mart brand chocolate slimfast.

If you stick it in the freezer 'til it's icy it's just like a milkshake, at 180 calories.
  • khoolette
    khoolette Posts: 73
    Options
    Thanks everyone...I actually did go with the sugar free pudding..
    and I have heard of the pickle thing before, too. LOL
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Psst, a Hershey's Kiss is 20 calories. Times 5 = a handful = 100 calorie dessert.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Anyone found cures for a sweet tooth? I keep trying fruit, but it doesn't really help. I'm really craving some chocolate :0)

Dill Pickles......................salty will kill a sweet craving.
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    i slice up some strawberries and mix in sugar free dark chocolate pudding (i use one pudding cup). it actually makes me full too. i can't eat any more snacks after that! which is good because i have a MAJOR sweet tooth
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I find spicy helps too. Sometimes I grab a slice of pickled jalipino or a few olives and that really helps.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I find spicy helps too. Sometimes I grab a slice of pickled jalipino or a few olives and that really helps.

Those are salty items too..................

Salty kills a sweet craving.................... I love Jalapenos, but I don't like olives............I have tried to like them. Bought nice ones from an olive bar and I just can't eat them unless they are cooked into a dish.
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i LOVE jalapenios! and i have really bad cravings for chocolate so will have to try having a couple if i want chocolate
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    This is going to sound really weird but I will share anyway :)

I heard somewhere (can't remember now!) that eating a pickle helps to get rid of chocolate cravings. I don't know how or why but I am curious to know if that actually works!

I think I am the one that had mentioned that a while back. If you are having a craving for chocolate try eatting sweet pickles. For some reason the same sweetness your body is looking for the sweet pickle has the same soothing effect without the horrible cals. that are in chocolate. I have tried the sweet pickles when I really wanted chocolate and after about 3-4 I didn't want the chocolate any more.