Do I eat my exercise calories or not???

Options
Im just wondering if its a bad thing not to eat exercise calories or not? I try not to, but Im reading in some places that you should! Anyone any advice?

Replies

• Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    If you get 50 responses, all of them will have a different recommendation on this subject.

Do a quick read of the last few pages of this forum. Anywhere you see "plateau", you'll also see people who are netting less than the recommended amount of calories.

You'll probably lose weight for a little while, plateau about 30 pounds above where you want to be, give up because "even dieting isn't working", and then put the weight back on. At least, that's the impression I get from most of the posts on here who avoid eating exercise calories.
  • florange323
    florange323 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good question! But one that has many mixed answers. My plan is to workout 30 mins a day but not record it. Anything exercise I do in addition to that first workout I will add. Then I will eat those exercise calories. I'm just a novice, so my exercise calories won't be 600 or anything impressive like that. I'll be happy if a brisk walk earned me 100 or so cals. Then if I wanted croutons or sunflower seeds on my salad I wouldn't feel guilty about it.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I try to leave as many exercise calories as possible but I if I have the calories left and a yummy item dances in front of me I'll have it. I make sure to eat my goal calories but the surplus exercise ones are mine to play with.
    Guess that doesnt really help you much....