help dont like the taste of water

Options
hello there

I am in a bit of a dilemma, the thing is i don't like the taste of water and I know that apart of my exercise i need to drink alot of water

I am currently replacing this with dilute juice and I tend to drink about 10 cups of that a day

do you think this is a fine replacement to water as I cant stand the taste and when I do not like something i tend not to have it

Please i need help with this

Replies

• osc79
    osc79 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    try adding a little lemon to your water and maybe a little of a sweetner
    or you can psych youself out and everytime you to grab some water, mentally prep yourself and say "Man this water is going to be the best ever"...
  • DollHouseKiera
    Options
    My nutritionist considers anyhting "non-caffeinated, non-carbonated" to be included as "water"... just make sure you're watching the sugar and calories if you're adding juices... make sure you track the numbers...

Water is better for you, since it has no added anything, but if you don't like the tastlessness (is that a word?), its better to drink SOMETHING than be dehydrated. have you tried different temperatures? I like really cold water... room temperature water is rather icky to me... the temp may make a difference to you as well...
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    You basically just have to get over it. The more you drink it the less you will mind it and you will start to crave it. I only say this because drinking plain water literally used to make me gag, I couldn't stand it. I MADE myself get used to it and now I easily drink 100-125 oz./day, every day. It can be done.
  • llacos54
    llacos54 Posts: 8
    Options
    is sparkling watering ok...is has no sugar,no carbs, no calories
  • Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    hello there

I am in a bit of a dilemma, the thing is i don't like the taste of water and I know that apart of my exercise i need to drink alot of water

I am currently replacing this with dilute juice and I tend to drink about 10 cups of that a day

do you think this is a fine replacement to water as I cant stand the taste and when I do not like something i tend not to have it

Please i need help with this

No, diluted juice is not a replacement for water...

If anything buy a mio, it has no calories...allegedly....and add it to your water. Though plain is your best bet.

It's just one of those thing you have to get over and do.
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    is sparkling watering ok...is has no sugar,no carbs, no calories

Depends on the water. Read the label if you are buying it bottled, sometimes it has additives, especially sodium. Not saying it is bad, just be aware, all sparkling water is not the same.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    No, diluted juice is not a replacement for water...
    Um yes it is. It's still mostly water.
  • swilk627
    swilk627 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I mean this in the nicest possible way.....Suck it up and get over it. Learn to like it. Drink it and tell yourself you like it. Realize that it's what's best for your body and fuel your body properly.

Aside from that - my advice would be trying it at varying temperatures. I personally don't care for ice cold water. I like it either right out of the tap (even that's a little cool for my tastes) or almost room temp.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Change the taste of your water! Floating fruit slices in a pitcher can change the taste of the whole pitcher without adding many calories. Cucumber is great for a fresh crisp taste too. Also a splash of fruit juice goes a long way in water. After time, and after a really good workout, plain water won't be as bad tasting to you. Believe me, I thought I'd never be able to give up bottled water, and I now use a brita pitcher, and sometimes even drink it straight from the tap if I'm really thirsty!
  • Annie_Oakley
    Options
    Having done a tour of duty in Desert Storm, I too LOATHE the taste of plain water.
    Our water had to be "treated" to kill Malaria <waaaaaaaaay nasty>...

Mio is some amazing stuff - and zero calories.
    If ya get hung up on "artificial sweeteners", I'm kind of at a loss here.
    There now some companies that offer a "knock-off" Mio product (sold at Wal-Mart).
  • CheshireKat13
    Options
    I also hate drinking plain water. I use Crystal Light or Hawaiian Punch sugar free singles to go. They taste so much better than they used to. They're only 10 calories each and you put one in a bottle of water (or glass of water about 20oz). It's perfect for me and also helps me get through the afternoon sweet cravings.
  • masterofktulu
    masterofktulu Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I buy the real lemon and real lime juice and it makes water amazing. I drink 3 litres a day and it is fantastic, and super cheap. It also helps to deter you from drinking juices!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I buy filtered water (my tap = :sick: ) and I get it uber cold. :drinker:

Tastes better that way.

There are many schools of thought on what is considered water. I subscribe to KISS, so I stick to water as water.
  • inindiana
    Options
    Do you drink filtered water or tap water. Can make a big difference in taste. I can't drink plain tap water because I can't get past the smell of the chemicals in the water. I have a Britta Water pitcher.
  • runna44
    runna44 Posts: 1
    Options
    Change the taste of your water! Floating fruit slices in a pitcher can change the taste of the whole pitcher without adding many calories. Cucumber is great for a fresh crisp taste too.

I was going to suggest the same thing! I love making pitchers with lemons & limes, cucumbers or strawberries. Delicious and definitely worth a try.
  • fxybrn1
    fxybrn1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I use the great value flavor packs or crystal light packs in my water.

You should also try clear american flavored sparkling water. They have alot of flavors and I am sure you can find one you like :wink:
  • Mzfoster0517
    Mzfoster0517 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I don't know if your a fan of MIO but when I go on fast I add this to my water to help me drink it.

Each of MiO's nine flavors is:

Calorie-free per 8 fluid ounce serving
    Carbohydrate-free and considered a free exchange
    Sugar-free
    Free of artificial flavors
    Kosher
    Gluten-free
    Cruciverbalistic
    Tasty
    Good-looking
  • tishieb
    tishieb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am HIGHLY allergic to Aspartame which is a main ingredient in Crystal Light ... Even if I weren't allergic I find it to be an incredibly disgusting taste. However, you may find better products and tastes in foods that have Sucralose ( Splenda ) I get so bored with water, I LOVE water .. but I also love JUICE .. and juice .. well .. no win there either .. waaaay too much sugar and other ' stuff ' SO, having said that ... try

Nestea fruit flavoured iced tea mixes WITH Splenda ( they come in boxes that look JUST LIKE the crystal light ones )

My most favourites are the ' cranberry grape ' and the ' pomegranate blueberry ' ... you won't even realize you're drinking water ;)

Hope this helps some. They are about 5 calories a packet .. but I drink them all the time and lose, lose, lose :))))

All the best luck.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light! Flavored vitamin waters!

Or go natural....Infuse with fruit - Fill a large jug with water, sliced fruit (try citrus, clementines, berries or melon), ice, and refrigerate!

I sometimes let pineapple chunks soak in the water for like 2hrs before I want to drink it. So good!

Even better you can mash up the fruits you love and put them in a glass then pour sparkling water over it....berries work best for this.

Do half and half with a natural juice...maybe some cranberry juice?

You can even freeze fruit or juice and use them as an ice cube in your water.

Mint, basil, herbs, and veggies are options that you can put in your water to spice it up...
    Green tea....chill over night.
    Put a splash of your favorite diet pop in the water....
  • Yolanda_85
    Yolanda_85 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I don't care for plain water either, but have found lemon juice to be a nice flavoring. I also use the Wal-Mart (Crystal Lite knockoffs) brand powdered drink mixes. They are 10 calories/packet at 2 servings/packet. I put one packet in a 24 oz water bottle and drink my water that way. I have tried Milo and wasn't overly excited about it, but that's just me. After drinking flavored water for a few days, straight water actually tastes good to me. Experiment with different flavors and find what works for you. :flowerforyou: