NO LOSS?

Options
:sad:
LOST 12.2 POUNDS IN 5 WEEKS. THIS LAST WEEK--ZIP! WHAT HAPPENED? I AM SO CAREFUL AND AM ALWAYS 200 TO 300 BELOW MY CALORIE GOAL. THIS IS MY USUAL QUITTING POINT. HELP???

27 minutes ago · Comment

Replies

• HMFooden
    HMFooden Posts: 14
    Options
    sometimes at first there is very rapid weight loss and then it kind of tapers off. I have been there and that has been my quitting point too, but just because the numbers aren't going down doesn't mean that you're not getting skinnier. you could be building more muscle and still losing inches. the best advice anyone has ever given me is that you have to go by how your clothes fit you and not by the number on the scale.

just keep pushing through and you'll see a change i promise! don't quit! you can do it!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Don't quit.
    How many calories do you usually eat and do you exercise?
  • janicecoomes
    janicecoomes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU! I REALLY NEEDED A BOOST TODAY. I'LL TRY NOT TO PANIC THIS TIME
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I lost all my weight right at the beginning and it came to a screeching halt. It has been a month since the scale has moved!!!!! It sucks, but you gotta keep doing it!! Don't give up! Change your exercise routine up! Try different foods! Drink more water! You can do it!
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi it does happen sometimes don't give up, it will come off - i've not lost anything for 3 weeks now but i did get into a smaller pair of jeans this week : ) Good luck xx
  • medicrenee
    medicrenee Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    No frets, the loss will happen. I just came off a week with no loss. Eat the cals MFP generates for you. Eat healthy proteins veggies, maybe a multivitamin. drink water.....lots and eat back your exercise cals... It will happen.. Its a process... no quitters here Missy.. smiles and a kick in the butt to hang in there.
  • janicecoomes
    Options
    1500 - 1600.MY GOAL IS 1820. I AM ONLY WALKING 20 MIN TWICE A WEEK. BECAUSE OF MY SIZE IT IS DIFFICULT TO DO TRADITIONAL EXERCISES. EMBARRASING! I FEEL WEAK AFTER ONLY 20 MINUTES.
  • HMFooden
    HMFooden Posts: 14
    Options
    yeah i literally chug water all day long and i look to try to eat more protein and fiber as they help to keep you fuller a little longer. I know at first all i was thinking about was my next meal and that always made me hungry so you just gotta try to keep yourself busy in between and plan things out in advance. if you work, take a walk on your lunch break. i do it every day. and definitely weight yourself maximum once a week, but once a month is probably best (although i don't follow that advice) haha.

last night i had a bad night and over ate :( but since i am super serious this time about losing weight i know that one bad night wont ruin me and i just have eat healthy starting at the next meal. another good piece of advice i've been given is even if you mess up and eat something you're "not supposed to" its okay, just eat healthier at the next meal.

my boyfriend eats like a child sometimes and requests that i buy him yodels, fruitsnacks, poptarts and mini muffins, so it is definitely hard to eat healthy with all the (excuse my language) crap around the house, but i keep my own verison of "junk" in the house to ward off any temptations of eating his stuff. I keep edy's fruit bars (70 calories), plain popcorn (5 cups has about 120 calories). even those 100-calorie packs don't work for me cause for me they're never enough... its like eating one cookie... i don't just want one... i want the whole box haha

just keep going girl and you'll get there eventually! we'll do it together!
  • janicecoomes
    Options
    ADVICE WELL TAKEN. THANK YOU, I'LL HANG IN THERE.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    1500 - 1600.MY GOAL IS 1820. I AM ONLY WALKING 20 MIN TWICE A WEEK. BECAUSE OF MY SIZE IT IS DIFFICULT TO DO TRADITIONAL EXERCISES. EMBARRASING! I FEEL WEAK AFTER ONLY 20 MINUTES.
    Don't be embarrased! Walking is great and soon you will be walking even more. :)
    I was just curious if you were eating too few calories. Try eating closer to the 1800 some days, maybe ziz zagging the calories will keep your body guessing. Just keep at it. Eat as many healthy nutrient rich foods, drink water, get your walks in and you will get there!
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. I started losing well and then for three weeks, nothing. I made a few adjustments and then started losing again. Whatever you do, don't give up.

Also, don't fret only being able to walk 20 minutes. Walking is a great start and if you commit, you'll get stronger and go longer. I have adopted a new motto, No matter how slow I go, I am still lapping everyone on the couch!

We can do this!
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you'll maintain or gain even after a perfect week. Our bodies are unpredictable like that. You might be the type of person that has consistent losses for 5-6 weeks, a week or so of gaintaining, and then 5-6 more losses. It's completely normal to fall into patterns like that. You have to just keep going - the scale is not the only means of feedback to use! Are you taking measurements? Adding more minutes to your workouts? Other NSVs?

Google the "why the scale lies" article, too. It's very helpful.
  • janicecoomes
    Options
    FINALLY--THE SCALE IS GOING DOWNWARD !!! I DIDN'T GIVE UP THIS TIME. HAPPY DAY !