Hit 100 lost today (no pics)

Options
On July 14, 2011, I stepped on the scale and it read 375.0. At that point, I realized that I had to change because if I didn't, I would weigh 400 pounds in a couple years. I don't know why 375 was my magic number. I just know that it was. I decided that long-term, I had to lose 150 pounds (down to 225, which is about what I weighed as a freshman in college).

That evening, I went looking for an app for my phone that would help me track what I was eating. MyFitnessPal was at the top of the list, and the reviews were good, so I figured I would give it a shot. I retroactively entered my meals for the day, and saw how badly soda was killing me. So step 1 was eliminating regular soda (I know diet soda isn't ideal, but it was a good start).

I tried to set very attainable goals for myself, so I could see achievements and stay positive. But after the first month, I had lost 19.6 pounds, so I had to adjust my goals to make them a bit more aggressive. And the weight kept coming off. After a few months, I started to think that I may actually get to a "normal" weight. It became a real possibility, rather than just a pipe dream.

My weights by month:
7/14/11: 375.0
8/14/11: 355.4
9/14/11: 337.6
10/14/11: 323.8
11/14/11: 311.6
12/14/11: 301.2
1/14/12: 292.0
2/14/12: 280.6

And today, 3/9/12: 274.4

So on my 8-month anniversay on Wednesday, 3/14, I should be down 102 or so.

I've still got work ahead, but I am so thrilled to have hit that 100-pound threshold.

Replies

• prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!
  • lcharity79
    lcharity79 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Absolutely incredible! Would love to see pics, but congratulations on all of the hard work and seeing the results! It must feel great!
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • kevinapps
    Options
    I'm not even sure if there are any good BEFORE pics. The best way to remain in denial about just how big I had gotten was to avoid mirrors and photographs. At some point, I will try to track some down, but I don't think there are many.
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    WOW! That is incredible. Congratulations. Would have loved to see the before and after pictures
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I can understand the hard work you put into your dream.........Im inspired and appreciate your story........Congratulations for a job well done,
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    congrats!!! 100 lbs lost!
  • todaystuesday
    todaystuesday Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm not even sure if there are any good BEFORE pics. The best way to remain in denial about just how big I had gotten was to avoid mirrors and photographs. At some point, I will try to track some down, but I don't think there are many.

This is exactly what I did avoided mirrors!
  • andrearaquel48
    andrearaquel48 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Nice!! Keep at it, you are doing great!
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! That is an amazing accomplishment! Keep up the hard work!!
  • MrsGreenTea703
    MrsGreenTea703 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! You are doing an amazing job! I know you are very proud! Wonderful inspiration!
  • arfog
    arfog Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!! Keep it up! :)
  • bellstalker
    bellstalker Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful....I'm sure you have gained a lot more than you lost - energy, self confidence, better moods, pride....so happy for you!
  • Carolinanancy
    Options
    Proud of your success! keep up the determination.
  • sarahkraus1982
    sarahkraus1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are amazing! Keep it up!
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Bravo!!! Brilliant dedication. :flowerforyou:
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Well done!

I started out at exactly the same weight as you - but I have 6 more pounds to go to get to the 100lb lost!

Keep it up because you have me chasing you LOL
  • rtaddlowe
    rtaddlowe Posts: 70
    Options
    Great Job! It gives hope and promise to everyone that approaches it like you.
  • heidienglund
    heidienglund Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm really glad you shared your story, it really conects us all to you! Your incredible! Thanks! :smile:
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    What an amazing accomplishment!!!! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!