Where did my feet go???!!!

Options
I am ready to hit the ground running. I wish I could say literally, but right now, I think a good walk would suffice. I am 38 years old and weigh 231.9. I started on this journey 2/27/12. 16 years to the day that my son was born. 239.9!! What a wake up call. I realized that time was passing by so quickly and I needed to jump on and enjoy it. In those 16years, I have gained around 60 pounds. That number is so shocking to me. I weight more now than I did at full term pregancy weight. Anyway, I am ready.

I started off by following the South Beach Diet. I did fairly well my first week. I exercised every day and followed the high protein/low carbs to the letter. I lost 6 lbs. That's the good news. The bad news is, there is no way on this earth that I could keep that diet. It just didn't work for me. Then a friend suggested MFP. The heavens parted and AHHHHH!! I am in love!! It makes such a difference seeing it right there in your face. If you have a great day, there it is. If you have a bad day, you can look and see where you need to do better. In the couple of days of transitioning from SB to MVP, I gained around 2 pounds.

But, I have been here for about a week and have already seen results. I am 4 lbs down! I have my goal weight set at 170 pounds. I know that it is not a recommended weight, but it is what I weighed when I was athletic and coaching. I felt good then. It's going to be a long journey. I have to erase all the negative habits and build new ones.

So here is to 61.9 pounds doing a disappearing act!! Who's with me??

Replies

• Royceboy69
    Royceboy69 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hey this story is very inspirational..thanks for sharing and many blessings on continuing efforts :)
  • melmargirly
    melmargirly Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You are already on your way to sucess!!! You can always turn to us here on MFP when you are feeling discouraged becasue we will be behind 100% of the way! Many blessing for you on your journey! You can do it :)
  • Where_Did_My_Feet_Go
    Options
    Thank you!! Good luck to you, also!!