Race Experiences

Options
I was wondering what kind of experiences people have with various types of races like the Warrior Dash, Tough Mudder, etc. I am extremely interested, but want to know what to expect.

Replies

• KianaKoala
    Options
    I have competed in the Great Urban Race and also the Urban Dare. Both races are called, "Adventure Races/Scavenger Hunts" because they give you a list of things to find or things to do. You run around the city and try to find all of the clues while having fun with your teammates and taking pictures at every stop. You get an experience you probably wouldn't have gotten otherwise. All in all, on the Great Urban Race, my friend and I ended up covering about 7-8 miles, if not more. (Unfortunately we didn't keep track so we had to go back and figure it out by mapping it) All in all it was a great race and we plan on doing it again!
  • brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I've done Living History in IA, whichi is 7 miles with multiple creek/mud crossings...all natural. It is a blast but I haven't had any interest in a warrior dash type of thing due to high costs
  • TheMarshal
    Options
    I'd be interested in hearing other people's takes on these races as well. I've signed up for Tough Mudder and Gladiator Rock 'n run this year, and once it becomes available, I'll be signing up for the Urbanathlon.

These are all a far cry from what I'm used to. I've done about a dozen triathlons (sprint and olympic distance) and a half marathon, so I imagine these will be FAR more interesting.