My clothes don't fit NSV

Options
dvisser1
dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
I'm a big guy, always have been and always will be. Of course there is big and there is big. Almost 8 weeks ago I started using MFP when I weighed in at 281 lbs. Today I weigh in at 257.5 lbs with a goal weight of 240 lbs.

This morning I put on a pair of jeans that were comfortably snug fitting 2 months ago. They almost fell off! :-) I can hold the waist to the side and grab up a couple inches of extra material. And the belt I pulled out, I had to punch an extra hole in it to make it small enough to tighten up on me! The last time I wore this belt I had extra holes left to use, now it's to big.

I've worked hard to clean up my diet, both in quality and eating proper portion sizes. I also get some exercise daily. Sometimes it's just taking my dog for a 2 mile walk, 3 days a week it's a hour to a hour and a half in the gym plus walking the dog. The results have been great so far!

I've got a picture I can upload when I get home from work this evening.

Replies

• tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    That's great to hear. Well done. All the very best as you continue on this journey.
  • Christymb2012
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!!! Keep going! You're doing great!!!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Awesome! It's a great feeling, isn't it?
  • bluekat61
    bluekat61 Posts: 24
    Options
    Fantastic! What a great achievement!
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    That is soooo awesome!!!! Yah for you!!!! :drinker:
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Hey good work!!! Jeans don't lie! :)
    And you said "I'm a big guy, I always have been and I always will be." Remember, you don't have to "always be" unless you want to. :)
  • craigers13
    craigers13 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we're about on the same path. I've noticed my jeans look horrendous on me, I feel like such a slob but I have more to lose so I don't really want to fork out $$$ if I'm going to keep losing. Our admin person at work doesn't want to order me new uniforms until I'm done losing! lol
  • dvisser1
    Options
    Hey good work!!! Jeans don't lie! :)
    And you said "I'm a big guy, I always have been and I always will be." Remember, you don't have to "always be" unless you want to. :)

I'm 6'2" with rather broad shoulders. When I'm in good shape, my shoulders fill a size 56 suit jacket easily and my waist is between 36 and 38 inches. I'm a good sized guy already without carrying 50-60 lbs of extra fat on my body like I was last year.
  • janakatharina
    janakatharina Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    woohoo! Awesome job! Great feeling! Congrats!
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Congrats - it's a great feeling! I had to get a suit altered last year when I dropped a bunch of weight. The tailor couldn't believe all the work he had to do!
    Keep up the great work!
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we're about on the same path. I've noticed my jeans look horrendous on me, I feel like such a slob but I have more to lose so I don't really want to fork out $$$ if I'm going to keep losing. Our admin person at work doesn't want to order me new uniforms until I'm done losing! lol

I'm in the same boat as well. I don't want to spend a ton of money on clothes right now since I still have a long way to go. But I have recently picked up a few new pairs of jeans and need to get some new shirts as well. Until I get to my target weight, I'll just plan on getting by with fewer clothes in the closet and doing laundry more often.

One thing that's going to help me along the way is that I have a storage box filled with jeans that I haven't been able to fit into for years in varying waist sizes from 38 down to 33. Looking forward to opening that box up soon!
  • britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    awesome reaults in a short time, well done.
  • dvisser1
    Options
    Adding photo
    IMAG0054.jpg
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Well done:)
  • Loseweight1980
    Options
    Whoop whoop!!! Way to go!!! That is the most amazing feeling!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!