Protein??

melissao79
melissao79 Posts: 10
edited September 19 in Recipes
I am looking for suggestions on how to put more protein into my diet. I usually only have 1-2 servings of protein a day. I am hearing a lot about having protein in every meal and stack. Most of the things I am used to eating have a lot of sodium. Please share your favorite foods high in protein. Thanks

Replies

• Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    peanut butter, nuts, beans, eggs, and protein powder in my smoothies.
  • qtkt1
    qtkt1 Posts: 20 Member
    cottage chesse
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Besides eating my chicken, ofcourse, I drink a protein shake right after I workout and also 45min-1hr before I go to bed. (per my trainer). In the evening I have trouble with that afternoon snack because I am full from lunch so I now replace my snack with a protein shake. I really like it. The one that I drink is low in calories, fat, and sugar.
  • ToniAnn45
    ToniAnn45 Posts: 78 Member
    Besides eating my chicken, ofcourse, I drink a protein shake right after I workout and also 45min-1hr before I go to bed. (per my trainer). In the evening I have trouble with that afternoon snack because I am full from lunch so I now replace my snack with a protein shake. I really like it. The one that I drink is low in calories, fat, and sugar.
    Is it a ready-to-drink shake or a powder? Could you share the brand, flavors, etc.? It sounds perfect for me.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    It is a powder. I mix it with 2%milk. Sometimes if I want it to be a little sweeter I will add a drop(literally)of almond or vanilla extract but it is good without it. There is 17 different flavors. They also have a variety pack with 16 of the flavors cause one is eggnog I guess for around the holidays.

Go to the website: www.optimumnutrition.com it is the Gold Standard 100% Whey. Not the meal though just the shake. PM me if you have questions so I make sure I respond right away.
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Bulletproof_Helen Posts: 209 Member
    I exercise every day so I need my protein too so to get my daily protein up I have a tin of tuna or a chicken breast but I also have smoothies made with soy yoghurt and soy milk, poached eggs boost protein too. I used to take whey protein powder but my dietician said I am getting enough protein from natural foods :happy: Hope this helps.
  • bates
    bates Posts: 122
    edamame has TONS of protein, and is a meal in itself. they hav some at costco for cheap and comes with 12 individual bags.
This discussion has been closed.