Discouraged

Options
I don't know if anybody has had the same problem, but I have 60lbs to lose and I'm down 20lbs in 8 weeks. I've hit a brick wall. I'm only down 1 pound this week and I'm exactly the same this week. I've been running 2.5 miles 4 times a week and I do the kettlebell 4 times a week for 15 minutes. I'm currently eating a 1500 calorie goal and I might eat my excercise calories twice a week, other times I'm under 200-300 calories. I have one cheat day, Fridays, where I eat what I want, but I don't go crazy. On those days I might go over 500-600 calories. But that is the only day. Why am I not losing weight more quickly. I have significantly changed my lifestyle when it comes to eating and excercise. Since I'm so heavy, I thought the weight would fall off for at least the first 3 months. I'm getting very discouraged.

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I think you've already passed that honeymoon phase... Losing 20 pounds in 2 months is a HUGE accomplishment! First, be very proud of yourself and be happy for how well you've done so far! Think about and bask in how much more fit you've become in just a short amount of time as well.

Second, start learning how to be patient immediately and continue to practice patience until you hit your goal. Seriously...

This is not a race, it's a lifetime journey towards health and fitness.
  • hesstb15
    hesstb15 Posts: 14
    Options
    Thank you. I'm in a wedding in September and I want to feel comfortable in my dress. I'm stressing about the amount of time I have to get back to my pre baby body.
  • joshmiller1998
    Options
    You could be toning up and creating muscle also, you never know. Keep up the hard work and you will do great.
  • beth_mcnichol
    Options
    Stay strong, drink more water and remember to take it one day at a time!!! You can do this :happy:
  • sweetmelissa222
    sweetmelissa222 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    This seems to happen to me fairly often. I'll be rocking it and lose four pounds in a week and then for the next few weeks I stay steady or lose a pound a week. My mom is always the one who talks me down by saying that your body is like a plane and you just made a rapid descent and now it is trying to level itself out so that you can make another descent. It's easy to lose a couple pounds and then gain them back, but if you can to keep losing then you have to allow your body some recovery time.
  • TheDreadedJynx
    Options
    Take measurements! If you gain some muscle, the number in the scale may stay the same but measurements may!
  • jeaniemccomb
    jeaniemccomb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When I hit a plateau, I try and change up my routine. If you do the same exercise program day in and day out, your body will adapt. You would do best to change up your exercise routine as well as your eating routine to keep your body in a state of not knowing what's going to happen next.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Sound like it's time for a change. Increase weight, change cardio routine, take a class, go dancing! You are doing fantastic, and you have plenty of time. Don't forget to take pictures and do your measurements. They keep you going when the weight stalls! I have been stalled out, gaining and losing the same 2 pounds since Valentine's day. But I've lost 4 inches, I feels better, and I'm getting smaller! That's what really counts more than the weight.
  • Amineral
    Amineral Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    your body may be getting used to the workout routine you have established. remember mixing it up every 2 weeks is important because it keeps your body confused. also, muscle weighs more than fat so it could be a factor too! you have lost an INCREDIBLE amount already so no matter what plateau you are hitting now, just remember how far you have already come! :) If you need a new idea, you should try jillian michaels 30 day shred. it has three different levels that you swich to every 10 days and it really works on strength and endurance. Good luck on getting past this and add me if you want a new buddy :):)