Latenight Snacking

Options
OK so i have been doing the insanity for almost 2 weeks now . i do little works outs in the afternoon i feel like i do good with my eating through out the day but at night its like i feel like i have never ate before i crave all kinds of stuff. Does anyone here do the same thing? And, If so what do you do at night to stop them craving? Just wondering bc it so sucks!! lol :grumble:

Replies

• Paulbp4
    Paulbp4 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I allow for the foods I am going to eat. Normally I eat some delicious cottage cheese concoction, lately pb and casein protein powder.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i find that i get really bad cravings if im not eating enough.. the first couple times i did weight lifting routines (at night, right before bed) i didnt eat anything after and the next day i woke up starving - like 900 calorie breakfasts..
    do you have a protein shake after your workout? do you eat your exercise calories?
    all that said, snacking isnt necessarily bad, as long as you dont go over your calorie goal for the day
  • totjr1969
    Options
    I do snack but try to snack slow, and stay within the calories. Such as a cup of skim milk, or a low fat yogurt. Sometimes a slice of toast with some low fat cottage cheese as well. Be sure to drink you water, and eat your fruits and veggies.

Celery and carrot sticks are great snacks. I also like oranges and grapefruits. I can't wait for fresh watermelons..........

Bottomline, hang in there. Good luck..
  • Hires113
    Hires113 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been fighting that for a very long time. Of course now that i'm eating better of course its like right in my face.
    For me I have to keep busy. Like this or a craft project, reading. Good luck to you. I still struggle and sometimes I fell
    but I just have to forgive myself and start over the next day.
  • chasity09
    chasity09 Posts: 18
    Options
    thanks guys!! and yea i dont eat my work out calories most of the time! and no i dont have a protein shake i have just been eating good. i try to make every meal like 300-400 calories each. but i guess maybe i need to up there bc about 9 every night i feel like iam starving! thanks guy for info i greatly appreciate it!! :smile:
  • brechingirl
    brechingirl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Frozen Yogurt!!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I allow for the foods I am going to eat. Normally I eat some delicious cottage cheese concoction, lately pb and casein protein powder.

You put those into your cottage cheese? Do you just mix it in or do you blend it in the blender? Sounds interesting!
  • Hires113
    Hires113 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Do you mix protein powder with pb and cottage cheese? Never would've thought of that.
  • chasity09
    Options
    i find that i get really bad cravings if im not eating enough.. the first couple times i did weight lifting routines (at night, right before bed) i didnt eat anything after and the next day i woke up starving - like 900 calorie breakfasts..
    do you have a protein shake after your workout? do you eat your exercise calories?
    all that said, snacking isnt necessarily bad, as long as you dont go over your calorie goal for the day

i need to get a protein shake but everything is just so expensive. Do you know of one that is good and not cost me a arm and a leg?
  • chasity09
    Options
    I do snack but try to snack slow, and stay within the calories. Such as a cup of skim milk, or a low fat yogurt. Sometimes a slice of toast with some low fat cottage cheese as well. Be sure to drink you water, and eat your fruits and veggies.

Celery and carrot sticks are great snacks. I also like oranges and grapefruits. I can't wait for fresh watermelons..........

Bottomline, hang in there. Good luck..

so true. and eating the celery and carrot wont hurt my weight loss even if i eat some at 10 at night?
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    thanks guys!! and yea i dont eat my work out calories most of the time! and no i dont have a protein shake i have just been eating good. i try to make every meal like 300-400 calories each. but i guess maybe i need to up there bc about 9 every night i feel like iam starving! thanks guy for info i greatly appreciate it!! :smile:

If your meals are 300-400 cals you're probably on a 1200/day diet
    and if that's the case you SHOULD be eating back your exercise calories
    at the end of the day your NET calories should be 1200 not your total calories
    this may be why you're so hungry at night...
  • choirgirl1130
    choirgirl1130 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    If you aren't eating back all your workout cals, make sure you are at least netting 1200 cals. keeping your body out of starvation mode. also are you eating breakfast? if youare burning alot of cals working out and then not eating breakfast, your body maybe craving food in the evening anticipating the fact that it's not going to eat again until lunch the next day. im not a big breakfast person, but at least get in something small :)
    best wishes to you on your journey!
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    About once a week or so, I feel an unbearable urge to snack at around 10pm, but aside from that I'm fine after dinner. In Aus we have mini mango weiss ice-cream sorbet bars that are only 55 cal each, and they do the trick every time. Maybs they have something similar in the States? :)

When I lived there, I remember that my saviour was the Jello sugar free pudding cups that were around 40 cal or so
  • chasity09
    Options

If your meals are 300-400 cals you're probably on a 1200/day diet
    and if that's the case you SHOULD be eating back your exercise calories
    at the end of the day your NET calories should be 1200 not your total calories
    this may be why you're so hungry at night...

iam on a 1600/day diet. and like as of right now i have ate 879 calories and i have burned calories = 1045
    i guess maybe i just need to eat a lil more when i eat my 3 meals of the day?
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i need to get a protein shake but everything is just so expensive. Do you know of one that is good and not cost me a arm and a leg?
    the ones i use are cytosport chocolate, and vanilla flavors... i buy them in 6lb bags at costco and i think theyre $40. its more expensive upfront, but GNC has the same brand in a 4.9 lb container for $53..
  • chasity09
    Options
    About once a week or so, I feel an unbearable urge to snack at around 10pm, but aside from that I'm fine after dinner. In Aus we have mini mango weiss ice-cream sorbet bars that are only 55 cal each, and they do the trick every time. Maybs they have something similar in the States? :)

When I lived there, I remember that my saviour was the Jello sugar free pudding cups that were around 40 cal or so

well iam going to walmart later on thanks for the tip!!!!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I know I'm going to crave ice cream late at night, so I log it in my diary and save the calories.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    happens to me too. you ever consider Intermittent Fasting?
  • chasity09
    Options
    If you aren't eating back all your workout cals, make sure you are at least netting 1200 cals. keeping your body out of starvation mode. also are you eating breakfast? if youare burning alot of cals working out and then not eating breakfast, your body maybe craving food in the evening anticipating the fact that it's not going to eat again until lunch the next day. im not a big breakfast person, but at least get in something small :)
    best wishes to you on your journey!

yes i eat breakfast sometimes after working at to the insanity ( because i do it every am) i eat a grapefruit if am not that hungry but most of the time i eat some egg whites with a multi grain waffle or some weight control oatmeal . and thank you so much for all of your help!!! :)
  • chasity09
    Options
    happens to me too. you ever consider Intermittent Fasting?

what is that?