measuring salad dressing

Options
How many tbsp are in 1 packet of salad dressing (ranch). On this site, it measures dressing by packets...why not by tbsp?

Replies

• luvmytwins02
    Options
    How many tbsp are in 1 packet of salad dressing (ranch). On this site, it measures dressing by packets...why not by tbsp?
  • hahnwer
    hahnwer Posts: 4
    Options
    I am new here, so I was very interested in your question about salad dressing. I just went into my food area and looked up salad dressing, ranch. At first it gave me an unfamiliar measurement....100g.. when I clicked on the nutritional information it just repeated 100g. I did notice that if I went to another salad dressing that when I clicked on the nutritional info that it gave me a choice from the pull down menu, 100g or 1 Tbsp. So I guess that 100g of a salad dressing is equal to 1Tbsp. I hope this information helps.
  • PrincessRitty
    Options
    Not always ladies!

The foods that are on the database are all entered by us loveley fellows, so when it says 100g thats becuase someone has entered it like that! Maybe because they didnt know the measurements for tablesoons.

Most dressings, or most foods actually have a serving size on them, so just divide the the 100g by the serving size, and you should get a round about answer i think :smile:

Hope this helped you

__x
  • SuniBC
    SuniBC Posts: 92
    Options
    100 grams is 6.673 table spoons.

Here is a handy dandy site for converting.....

http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/cooking

Just put in 100 in the gram area, hit convert ....and it shows you ounces, cups, tbsps and many more.

Don't know about the packets though....sorry.

Hope this helps :flowerforyou: