5'3" ladies w/ flat bellies- what is your weight?

Options
I'm 5'3" and at 125 lbs. My highest weight was 159 about four years ago. One of my goals is to have a flat belly. I was hoping that this would happen at 125 lbs, but apparently it seems like I'm going to have to shoot for at least another five pounds. My fat sticks to my belly above all other body parts.

If your 5'3" and have a flat belly, I would be curious to know what weight you are currently maintaining.

Thanks!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i think you'll find its more about bodyfat % than an actual number...

i dont think i will ever have quite the stomach i want because i dont like other parts of my body when my bodyfat% gets that low... and my boobs disappear completely which makes the OH sad too!!!
  • rucks20
    rucks20 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    ^^agree, it's not about weight, it's about body fat %. I'm 5'2ish and 100 lbs. with a body fat % around 15. Hope that helps!
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I agree, focus on body fat percentage. The other thing to consider is your body type. For example- I'm a pear shape. I'm 5' 2" and weigh 140, but basically all of my excess weight is on my hips and thighs. When is started losing weight (almost 10 lbs) I noticed it more on my stomach. The change is going to be a lot more subtle where your "problem" area is.

I would keep up the good work and see if you can find exercises geared toward your body shape. It might help!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Agree that it's body fat % instead of weight. I am 5'3" and 108-110lbs, and I still have fat in my lower abs.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Its all about bf%

I'm 5'2 and in the 150s and I have a flat stomach and abs definition.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I agree, focus on body fat percentage. The other thing to consider is your body type. For example- I'm a pear shape. I'm 5' 2" and weigh 140, but basically all of my excess weight is on my hips and thighs. When is started losing weight (almost 10 lbs) I noticed it more on my stomach. The change is going to be a lot more subtle where your "problem" area is.

I would keep up the good work and see if you can find exercises geared toward your body shape. It might help!

Totally agree. At 135 I had a 4pack n flat stomach. I carry all mt weight in butt, thighs and hips.
  • Heather2784
    Heather2784 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 but do not have a flat belly :-( However, 2 years ago when I dieted and got down to my goal weight of 122, I had a flat belly. I have a medium, athletic build tho.

Really tho, as other posters have said, it's not about body weight but body fat content. I did construction for 6 years, so was in pretty good shape and got up to 145 and had an awesome stomach. Miss those days. Lol. No one ever believed I weighed as much as I did until I got on a scale.
  • ltosoni
    ltosoni Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm 5'3" and maintaining a weight of 112 lbs, I wouldn't mind loosing another couple but I'm happy where I am for now!
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm 5'3" and maintaining a weight of 112 lbs, I wouldn't mind loosing another couple but I'm happy where I am for now!

This pic is my goal. I'm 5'3" and 121. I'm not there yet. I guess 112 is probably where I want to be. It's going to be long and slow, though.
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and weigh 104 :)
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 3 and half and just down to 138lbs (from 175lbs).. I lose 13" off tummy at first and was thrilled but not lost any more inches off it since I kept trying the cardio but just losing more off boobs instead which are slowly looking more like deflated balloons and its coming off my face and neck more.. I think I'm starting to look my age for first time ever I've always had chubby face and looked years younger than I was, so I'm disappointed and wondering whether to continue going down to 129lbs.

All my weight was around my middle and abdomen and my arms and legs have always been thinner in proportion.always looked more pregnant than fat all over if you get what I mean!
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and weigh 110-112 and am 15% bf. I did however find out that I have diastasis recti and a hernia that has to be repaired so this is a huge reason why I could achieve a flat belly. Its flat in the am but by the pm it is bloated because of the diastatsis!