Anyone heard of the No S Diet??

Options
carajo
carajo Posts: 532 Member
Has anyone tried this? It sounds very simple and do-able! No S means, No snacks, No sweets, No seconds, with the exception being the days that start with S (Saturday, Sunday, and Special days, such as holidays) during the week days you eat any food you like, basically in moderation, then the weekends are your "cheat" days......anyone tried it?

Replies

• carajo
    Options
    Has anyone tried this? It sounds very simple and do-able! No S means, No snacks, No sweets, No seconds, with the exception being the days that start with S (Saturday, Sunday, and Special days, such as holidays) during the week days you eat any food you like, basically in moderation, then the weekends are your "cheat" days......anyone tried it?
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    so basically it is a no S**T diet? :laugh: Except on the weekend and holidays and all that good stuff. l:tongue:
  • PrincessRitty
    Options
    Hey!

Its just a fancy new fad for eating normal!
    Everyone splurges slightly at weekdns, and trys their best to eat well in the week,
    by anyone i mean hu is dieting, loosing weight etc.

if your eating well you wouldnt usually have snacks sweets or seconds anyway!

Thats JMO

_x
  • carajo
    Options
    so basically it is a no S**T diet? :laugh: Except on the weekend and holidays and all that good stuff. l:tongue:
    Haha!! So true!! My prob. is i start the week with great intensions, then after a couple days of being strict i go crazy on junk, then start over again, and again, this sounds like a way to get it in your head you CAN cheat!
  • xmimikinsx
    xmimikinsx Posts: 191
    Options
    I think if you spent the whole week looking forward to "snack saturday" you'd most likely gorge and undo any progress or you'd snack before saturday and then feel guilt because your No S Diet or w/e had failed!!!!! It's a lot better not to give yourself specific no's etc when dieting I think.

No seconds for example? You might find eating a small portion was enough and have the choice for seconds but not go for it, however, if you are dictated that you can't have seconds you'll probably want seconds. Understand?

If you ask me this sounds like a clever marketing ploy from a snack company....walkers maybe...nestlé? Hahaha :laugh:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's anything wrong with having snacks when you're dieting though... as long as they are healthy. If you're active it can be really hard to make it between meals without ANYTHING
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Everyone should snack to maintain a healthy metablolism throughout the day, or call it a meal if you wish. It's been said by SO many health and fitness professionals that you shoud eat 5-6 small healthy, balanced meals throughout the day rather than 3 large meals. But if having a couple allowed "not healthy snacks" means keeping you going without feeling deprived, than do so, it might prevent an all out binge later. And yes most of us do have a few extra treats on the weekend, but that doesn't mean it's ok to have an all out splurge every weekend. :noway: (But realistically, just that probably does happen on holidays and birthday parties. :wink:) All we can do is the best we can. Eat and exercise the best we can and if we slip up once in awhile, oh well. Get back on track and keep moving forward.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I would die if I didn't snack. I snack on healthy foods all day long!