Are there any guys that have done the 30 day shred?

Options
My husband is trying to lose weight as well and started doing P90X2. But, he hurt his back during the second week. I personally think he should try something a bit less intense while working up to P90X again. I told him about the success that so many women here have had with the 30 day shred and I think he thinks it will be too easy or "for girls". I plan to start in a few weeks and want him to join me.

Just curious if any guys here have tried the 30 day shred and what were you results? Thanks!

Replies

• SMK715
    SMK715 Posts: 108
    Options
    I just moved to level 2 after 8 days of level 1. I have lost 3.6 lbs already and my endurance has increased significantly. Im happy with it. Im disabled so if I can do it, im sure he can too. Good luck to you both.

Just for reference, in case your husband asks:

20 years old
    6 ft
    185 lbs
  • kbw414
    kbw414 Posts: 194
    Options
    My husband tried it for fun for just a day because I was doing it (he's very thin and is not using MFP for weight loss).
    He's thin, but he's out of shape. He has a desk job and is quite sedentary. It was really challenging for him--he says he was sore for a week! So no, I wouldn't say that 30 DS is just for women--what matters is your guy's fitness level.
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend did it with me once, and liked it so much that he found it online for free and does it every day (with 1 rest day). He is very tall and thin- 6'5 and roughly 200 lbs. His arms have gotten stronger from it (push ups are push ups no matter what gender you are!). His cardio health was pretty good to begin with, as he would walk or jog on the beach frequently, and his job is 100% standing, but cardio health overall has improved with using 30DS. He even has improved flexibility from the stretches at the end!

Your husband should try it first before deciding it is "too easy"!
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I definitely don't think it is easy, although it doesn't seem quite as intense as P90X, from what I have seen. My husband has a pretty active job and lifts somewhat heavy items, but doesn't work out regularly. He tends to go all in on something, which is why he got hurt. IMO 30 day shred would be a good place to start. I know I have gotten really motivated to try it again after seeing all of the great results threads here and thought if there was something similar for me that he might get into it, too.