Military Wife looking for support

Options
I'm a 23 year old military wife and full time student. I've gained more weight than I thought possible since I got married 3 years ago. At only 5'1, I now weigh in at 230 lbs so it's really time for something to change. I tend to give up pretty easily, but I know I'm ready this time, I just need lots of support. I know all of the right things to do and right foods to eat, I just need encouragement to start doing them.

Replies

• reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" as well. Its hard for us shorties to lose the weight. I have 80 pounds to lose. You can do it!! Add me if you like ;-).
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! My husband is retired Army and I am going to school too, just a little later in life. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Army wife here! I'm 22 but much taller (5'8) and am also a full time student. Add me if you'd like. I'd be more then happy to encourage and motivate you! Us military wives gotta stick together!
  • lilkatiebug
    lilkatiebug Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am also a military wife and just started MFP this week. I am already amazed at the support system on here....it's awesome! Maybe we could keep tabs on each other and keep each other motivated!?
  • armywife121110
    Options
    I'm a NEW military wife. My husband is at BCT right now. My goal while he was away was to lose weight and I'm down 23 lbs since April!! Add me if you'd like, I still have weight to lose and motivation is welcome :)
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    hi, I'm an Army wife currently in Germany with my husband. Don't give up, you CAN do it. I was 200 when I went in to have my son and I'm 5'2", 185 when I got serious about losing. Good luck, feel free to add me, would love to be mfpals!
  • jpierce8806
    Options
    4'11" with 48 lbs to lose! Short women unite! lol. Feel free to add me. I love this site!
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Military wifey here too. My hubby kinda turns into a jerk when I get too big.......Now he just keeps me on my toes to keep losing Good luck!
  • kaswain
    kaswain Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Not an army wife yet, but currently an army girlfirned :) Feel free to add me and we can cheer eachother on!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Navy wife of 17 years here. I started at 234. I don't think I'd be as successful as I have been so far without mfp.
  • mommystutz
    mommystutz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a Marine wife and just started using MFP a week and a half ago and I am already seeing results. Add me if you like. Good luck!
  • Home6
    Home6 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Army wife here as well. My husband is currently in Afghanistan, so I need all the friends I can get. This is an awesome site for encouragement and accountability! Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like! :flowerforyou:
  • rodacious1
    Options
    Everything is a work in progress also being 5'3 and weighing over 200 pounds its hard but putting myself to work and making those changes feels good. This site helps because it all motivation, no judgment, no worries. You see all the good and all the bad no sugarcoating. Good Luck and add me if u want!
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I was an Air Force wife for almost 20 years before my hubby retired in 2005. Seems he was always out of the country or working some odd shift. So it was just me and my son most of the time. Food was a good comfort and stress reliever. So I can certainly relate.

We all have it within us to change for the better...just have to take it one day at a time. Feel free to friend me if you want. :)
  • DarMC
    DarMC Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello

First and foremost, I would like to "THANK YOU AND ALL THE MILITARY FOLKS OUT THERE!

Thankful for your husband/wife/son/daughter or other family member that is serving our Country. For all your time away from your families, for securing our home front, for your love of your country and for so much more!!

I would be honored to help you on your journey to a healthier you!

Have an amazing day!:flowerforyou:
  • leedowhey
    leedowhey Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old post, but I am a Military Fiancee, looking at loosing about 30-40lbs. Currently at 165lbs and 5'5" I need to drop some weight.

My fiancee has been in the military for only 3 years, and never been deployed, but there has been talk about him having to go soon, and I am not entirely happy about it. I know the reason that he's going to be going, but the thought of loosing him just kills me.
  • jodster333
    Options
    Military Wife :-)

you can do it, it doesnt take much. The best thing to do is put a picture of yourself(one you dont like, or a picture of one you really like, or both in your make up bag, somewhere you will see it daily. It could give you the inspiration or drive you need for that day. And remember, take one day at a time.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Not a military wife... am in the military however. I know how hard it can be to lose weight as a shorty. I'm all of 4' 11" and some change. Add me if you would like some extra motivation towards your goals. Good luck!
  • annmaryjenkins
    Options
    Hey there. I am 5'1 as well and it is hard for us when we gain weight is not that is hard to loose it, is that we show more when we gain. feel free to add me. And yes You can Do it. you have all of us to support you and understand what you are going through.