The After Work Workout

Options
Does anyone have a way to beat the after work slump? I feel so exhausted after work, I can never get my self to the gym after 5pm. The thing is, I sit all day at my job so its not like my work is taxing on me physically. Even if i eat a snack around 4pm I still feel lethargic. Is it all in my head or is there a way to beat that fatigue feeling after work? I usually work out in the mornings as well, but in an attempt to do double-days I'm having a hard time. There must be a way to feel more energized after work to workout. I appreciate anyones input. Thanks

Replies

• nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    It's just getting there that's the problem because once I'm there, I love it. So you just gotta drag yourself there. You think about how good you'll feel afterward!
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    I use my commute as a work-out (I can't afford a gym, don't have the time to go, and loathe the places anyway!) - a brisk walk all or part of the way home burns a decent number of calories, lifts me out of the post-work slump, and I'm rarely short on motivation to do it because it's a)necessary, rather than something else I have to fit in to my day, and b) taking me home-wards!
  • Isadore11
    Isadore11 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you both for your input. Its hard, but I think you are right...its just a matter of getting there.