Need some help on my cutting macro ratios

Options
As of right now i am on a cutting diet where my fats/carbs/protein ratios are 40g/200g/100g and my calories is usually around 1500-1700 cals daily. Is my ratios healthy and good for cutting or should i cut down or raise any of my macro nutrients? any help on this subject would help me greatly!

Replies

• JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I would say your protein and carbs should be flipped...I gauge my macros in percentages not grams...if you are exercising your needs increase...I like 40p/30f/30c...but truthfully I probably am only at 30p/30f/40c....just my personal opinion though...if something's working for u..go with it!
  • littlebluej
    littlebluej Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    If you are cutting then definitely decrease your carbs, increase your fats, and increase your protein.
    50%P, 20%C, 30%F is a common cutting ratio.
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I was around 30C/35P/35F on a cut

now I am 40/30/30 at maintenance
  • OverflowingRhythm
    Options
    the feedback i am getting from you all is awesome so far but how do i calculate this? 40/40/20 thing? is there a formula so i can start converting the numbers? and i also for the cutting ration does gender have an impact on how much i should be consuming both calorie and macro wise, if so i am a male 5'6 in height and 19 yrs old
  • almonds1
    Options
    IF you go into your setting and set it by custom, you can change the % there... Its all in the Macros. Each person M/F is different.. Try a few things and see what works for you. If you get results - go with that. Just remember good fats aid with weight loss..
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    many MFP switch it to 40carb/30protein30fat. While this might not work for everyone, it has been great for me and my muscles :)

edit your "goals" and choose "custom" that is how you can change these options.
  • OverflowingRhythm
    Options
    alright then awesome guys n i also have one more question checking into my diary is my current cut diet calorie and macros seem on track or is it horribly low or terribly high? any input would help again as i am totally new to this entire cut diet and counting my macros thx again in advanced to all of you for helping me out :)
  • almonds1
    Options
    alright then awesome guys n i also have one more question checking into my diary is my current cut diet calorie and macros seem on track or is it horribly low or terribly high? any input would help again as i am totally new to this entire cut diet and counting my macros thx again in advanced to all of you for helping me out :)
    I would eat more fats... Your fats are set fine but you are not eating to the 72G you have it set for.. You seem to go over your carbs a lot lol. no issue but my 2 cents would be to make sure you eat your fats.
  • OverflowingRhythm
    Options
    I would eat more fats... Your fats are set fine but you are not eating to the 72G you have it set for.. You seem to go over your carbs a lot lol. no issue but my 2 cents would be to make sure you eat your fats.
    ahh gotcha and my entire macro goals i just set it right now to match what u guys suggested just right now haha so going over on carbs wouldnt be too much of an issue in cutting but u would definately recommend i lower carbs and raise my fat correct? if that is so how will i be able to get in all that fat? haha seems like alot for me tbh
  • almonds1
    Options
    Thats what worked for me... I actually was within 10 cals of what you are at. I lost about 13lbs in less 2 months. I have taken mine back up to maintenance as of this week. I am still seeing if this works for me. If not I will ajust it to fit my needs.

If you don't mind me asking - what is your goal weight? height, etc?
  • OverflowingRhythm
    Options
    Thats what worked for me... I actually was within 10 cals of what you are at. I lost about 13lbs in less 2 months. I have taken mine back up to maintenance as of this week. I am still seeing if this works for me. If not I will ajust it to fit my needs.

for my goal weight i just wanted to break into the 130 pounders which i did when i weighed myself today after my workout which turned out to be 139 lbs, and i dont really have a goal weight in mind but rather a fat percentage which is at least 9% body fat as of current i am at 11%, my height would be 5'6, and as for this whole 40g fat/ 200 g carb/ 100 g protein it was just a number i made up with the help one of my friends to get started on for cutting. I lift 3 days a week and do cardio days a week.
  • almonds1
    Options

for my goal weight i just wanted to break into the 130 pounders which i did when i weighed myself today after my workout which turned out to be 139 lbs, and i dont really have a goal weight in mind but rather a fat percentage which is at least 9% body fat as of current i am at 11%, my height would be 5'6, and as for this whole 40g fat/ 200 g carb/ 100 g protein it was just a number i made up with the help one of my friends to get started on for cutting. I lift 3 days a week and do cardio days a week.

If you want to preserve muscle on a cut you should aim for 1-1.5G of protein per lbs of weight. Otherwise you will lose muscle mass.. No matter what you will have some muscle loss but you prob want to preserve as much as possible.
  • OverflowingRhythm
    Options

If you want to preserve muscle on a cut you should aim for 1-1.5G of protein per lbs of weight. Otherwise you will lose muscle mass.. No matter what you will have some muscle loss but you prob want to preserve as much as possible.
    alright then i have read that up somewhere that muscle loss is inevitable on a cut and i shall aim for the macros you guys have set up for me and see how that goes after a week tyvm for all the help and guidance u have lend to me man ur awesome! keep up the good work on ur maintenance and i hope it works out for u my friend