In Need of Motivation.....

Options
Im a bout a week into this and i havent even started working out yet, not cuz i dont want to, just cuz ive been sick and just not motivated enough to go. I need motivation to at least go once a week but i want to go at least 3 times a week. I cant change my diet due to the fact that my mother in law is allergic to veggies. So i just cut back on what i eat. Make them smaller portions..i need motivation tho. Feel free to add me and give me advice. I get SOME exercise but thats just walkin from the bus stop to my job which is slightly uphill and about 10min away.

Replies

• kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    you in right place ... keep it up ... you will see the change ...
  • huck23
    huck23 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    welcome, feel free to add me i will try and help:smile:
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Hi. :)

About the veggies, you could always keep your own secret stash of veggies that your mom doesn't have to touch.

It's always hardest getting started. There's really no easy way to do it. Write all your main goal down onto paper and then seperate it into tiny little weekly achieveable chunks. That way you'll stay motivated when you meet your easy goals. They can be daily even like:

Goal for Today:
    Get in one hour of cardio
    Don't eat any junk food.

If you're still sick though, relax and let your body heal. There's always tomorrow. No need to rush it. Health comes first.
  • xmisstink89x
    xmisstink89x Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    its not even bad, just seems since ive dropped HOW much i eat, my body is trying to adjust it. but im not sure, been a small upset stomach for a few days now
  • jsp2374
    jsp2374 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time with motivation as well. Feel free to add me and maybe we can try and help each other.:smile:
  • FreshKrisKreash
    Options
    its not even bad, just seems since ive dropped HOW much i eat, my body is trying to adjust it. but im not sure, been a small upset stomach for a few days now

Aww, well that still sucks. You should try counting calories one day to see if you're getting enough. Maybe you're hungry. Doctors say not to go under 1200 calories a day. Plus, more food gives you more energy so that you can workout more.
  • xmisstink89x
    Options

Aww, well that still sucks. You should try counting calories one day to see if you're getting enough. Maybe you're hungry. Doctors say not to go under 1200 calories a day. Plus, more food gives you more energy so that you can workout more.

well i KNOW i cant do 1200 a day, the food i eat goes a few cals over that hahaha...so i keep it high and aim for staying under
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    This works for me.
    GunnyErmey1-1.jpg
  • FreshKrisKreash
    Options

well i KNOW i cant do 1200 a day, the food i eat goes a few cals over that hahaha...so i keep it high and aim for staying under

Good. Just wanted to make sure you weren't starving to death. lol. That always upsets my tummy.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    do you get enough protein? i don't always get enough and sometimes it makes me nauseous.
  • xmisstink89x
    Options
    do you get enough protein? i don't always get enough and sometimes it makes me nauseous.

my mother in law is allergic to veggies so basically we mainly have meat and potatoes
  • Storey621
    Storey621 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It seems motivation is the key. =) I am just getting over being sick as well. While I was sick, I still tried to count calories and small portions. As soon as I stopped doing that my body seemed to be doing better. However, I gained back the few pounds I had lost when I started. Just focus on getting better than you can put all your focus on the calories again. Feel free to add me and we can help each other throughout this journey =)
  • xmisstink89x
    Options
    It seems motivation is the key. =) I am just getting over being sick as well. While I was sick, I still tried to count calories and small portions. As soon as I stopped doing that my body seemed to be doing better. However, I gained back the few pounds I had lost when I started. Just focus on getting better than you can put all your focus on the calories again. Feel free to add me and we can help each other throughout this journey =)

i think it was just a small stomach bug, no vomiting, thank god, just constant upset stomach, i still counted calories which wasnt hard, because when im sick, im rarely hungry. i felt a little better to AT LEAST go and do a 45 min workout session, which was AWESOME!
  • ashmazuro6161o
    ashmazuro6161o Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hi, just wanted to say, i have a hard time with motivation as well. going out to walk by myself seems lonely and i can't always bring my son in the stroller with me. not everyone has cable, but i have comcast and ondemand and they have a whole sports & fitness section so you can work out at home. from kickboxing to walking to abs & core. i just completed a 25 minute walking workout and walked approx. 2 miles all while staying in one little circle in my room. now i'm VERY motivated. i live in washington and its always crappy weather, so now when i'm not motivated to go outside, i can just walk 2 miles while staying in one room. now i can be home with my son and his father and get in my exercise with no equipment. and in my opinion cardio is the best exercise to lose extra fat (which i need to lose) since you can't target body fat, just the muscles. that might be a good thing to look into if you have cable. just my two cents. (: