question about running

Options
I was just wandering what device can you get to measure how far you've run without getting a smart phone? Do pedometers do it? An if so are there any anyone can recommended? Thank you for you Help :-)

Replies

• nikkibyrdRN
    nikkibyrdRN Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there are tons of options out there. I personally use the Garmin FR60. I got the fitnesss bundle on amazon with the watch, footpod and heart rate monitor for $115. I love it!
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You can msp your route from your computer (either before or after your run) using mapmyrun.com.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    mapmyrun is awesome!!
  • scullyuk06
    Options
    Walkjogrun is pretty cool two! You just plot your run on the map and it works out distances. -x-
  • further27
    Options
    I use the Timex Run Trainer. It has build GPS for route tracking. It keeps track of distance, pace, heart rate and much more. I love it. It was about $225 but I got $50 back by mail. I would not use a pedometer, they usually don't work well, unless you pay more for a good one.

My wife also told me about the Fitbit Ultra Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker, sold on Amazon for about $90. It has a lot of great reviews.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I can't live without my Garmin 110. I bought it about 6 months ago, just got the basic model but I think I'm going to upgrade soon for more bells and whistles! But I do use it at least 6 times a week :)