Over 60lbs to loose :(

Options
Hi all,

My name is yelly1 and I am new here. I always knew I was fat I look at myself and see it but I didnt realise how fat until I used the BMI tool and it said my BMI is 38.4 That is so so scarry. I am 5ft2 and weigh 15 stone. I am deternined to do something about it this time. Just no idea what or how yet!!

Replies

• Stoptheviolins
    Stoptheviolins Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend, and maybe we can help each other out. I think I am the exact same stats as you, too!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    This is a good start. If that number sounds difficult, give yourself small incremental goals. When I started at 227 lbs, wanting to lose 82 lbs or so, it felt....overwhelming. Now I have 11 lbs to go and it feels manageable. Be vigilant with your diary, be accountable to yourself and stay positive. Some positive friends here will help :)
  • nihummel
    nihummel Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Keep your head up! I have lost 45 pounds in 4 months! I started with over 90+ pounds to loose! I started at over 17 stones and now am down to 13! It is possible! It is achievable! I have never been able to lose weight before but, with the help of myfitnesspal and working out just about every day, I have been doing it! You can do it!
  • yelly1
    yelly1 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for the replys all hopefully this time I can actually do it. @stoptheviolin I dont know how to add friends.
  • shaynes14
    shaynes14 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It can be done! I am still in shock that I have managed to be in my journey this long, but thankful for the success! The best advice I can think of is to break that 60 pounds into smaller goals. I have a charm necklace and buy a new bead for every five pounds with charms for other improvements. I gave my myself a charm for running a 5K. Don't look at it as a drudgery but as a challenge and reward yourself for victories! There have been setbacks for me, but I didn't allow it to stop me from my bigger goal. I wish you well! Smile instead! This is a beginning! :)
  • DarrellHodge
    Options
    You are in the right place to accomplish all that you desire. You will find the right group. I always say this and I really men it: "You are already a winner because you are here!". Decide right now that you really want this and let nothing stop you from following that path. Along the way you will have let friends and love ones go if thay are a hindrance to your goals, but you will meet new people who will support you in all that you want. Like it has already been stated, break your goals up into smaller manageable parts. You did not gain it all in a week and you will not loose it in a week. You know what, that's not only OK but it's better on your body not to rush and shock it. The body is a living machine and it will fight you if you attack it. Don't attract, train your body and mind to be your ally in this quest. You can add friends by clicking on the person's username and then clicking send frien request. A lot of people want you to add a little note as to why you want to add them. The message in your post will do find. Always read the profiles to find out if you really want that person as a friend. Make yourself a sign, it can be just one word, that will always remind you that you have something to accomplish and you will not be denied. My word is "ready". I have it posted on my desk at work, at home, bathroom mirror, in the car, etc. I keep another document that I list what that word means to me. I constantly change that document and I red it at least three times a day.
  • ksimmn
    ksimmn Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What this stone thing ?? I believe you can do it if you continually log and exercise
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Yelly you can do it babe, I'll be on your back hounding you if you don't log on here :)

(a stone is 14lbs)
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    break your goal down in much smaller goals and it won't seem so overwhelming! Shoot for half a stone, or even a quarter... and when you reach that... celebrate... and start reaching for the next quarter stone.
  • punkybuddah
    punkybuddah Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hey im looking to lose about 180lbs. Iknow its not going to be easy but hey its my own fault i got this size i cant blame anybody else apart from myself. So feel free to add away :) Every little helps
  • Reneegetfit128
    Options
    So many here with great advice! Just don't give up!! I'm new here too, want to get rid of 60 lbs, and 30 of them by July 15, 2012. I kept getting overwhelmed and lose focus. I'm starting over again with focus on tiny changes, and being consistent. Feel free to add me as a buddy.
  • Leahb21
    Leahb21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is a good start. If that number sounds difficult, give yourself small incremental goals. When I started at 227 lbs, wanting to lose 82 lbs or so, it felt....overwhelming. Now I have 11 lbs to go and it feels manageable. Be vigilant with your diary, be accountable to yourself and stay positive. Some positive friends here will help :)

that's awesome congrats and good advice!!!

thank you!
  • platinum1984
    Options
    Hi! I am Jennifer! New to myfitnesspal, would love some friends to help motivate me and who i can help motivate. feel free to add me. but be warned.....i am preparing to upload my "before" picture! I am only 5ft2 and 184 pounds. my goal is to lose 54 pounds! Today is Day 1....wish me luck!
  • yelly1
    yelly1 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi! I am Jennifer! New to myfitnesspal, would love some friends to help motivate me and who i can help motivate. feel free to add me. but be warned.....i am preparing to upload my "before" picture! I am only 5ft2 and 184 pounds. my goal is to lose 54 pounds! Today is Day 1....wish me luck!

Good Luck hun its day 1 for me too
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I have a great circle of people surrounding me on a daily basis on MFP. Great place to start.
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I had 65lbs to lose when I started my journey, Ive never once really looked at it that way... I do it in 10lbs increments... Ive had 3 mini victories and now Im working on my 4th!

But my oh my... when I cross the grand finish line.... then Im gonna go crazy!!

Just do it in small segments and reward yourself a little after each mini-victory..
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Yelly you can do it! When I first signed up for this site, I was SOOOO sure I was already doing everything I could possibly do to lose weight. But this site opened up my eyes to areas where I wasn't treating my body well (poor nutrients) so all my hard workouts were practically wasted. So far this year I've lost 14 pounds. You can do it! Baby steps. I'm not always able to comment on everyone's activities, but you're welcome to add me (so is anyone else reading this thread).

Best wishes for your success,

J
  • Leahb21
    Leahb21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I find MFP very inspiring, hearing how other progress is coming along helps me stay on track and its great to know that there is a whole network of people out there on the same path as me,

One goal at a time to reach the FINAL GOAL!!