Best workout dvds

Options
I want to order a workout DVD to do at home. I don't have any equipment or weights. Any favorites
or suggestions?

Replies

• SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    Hi there! I really like Slim in 6! It's one of the Beach Body products. I have LOTS of exercise DVD's and so far this is my favorite. Comes with resistance bands so you get the cardio and strength training....You can read about it at Beachbody.com. They have all kinds of programs, and I have quite a few of them (among others), but Slim in 6 is my favorite!! Good luck!! :happy:
  • tonkasmom
    tonkasmom Posts: 1
    Options
    I love The Firm DVDs, hand weights are optional on most of them. Collagevideo.com is a great place to search for fitness DVDs.
  • sbartlett0421
    Options
    this is the best website I've ever found
    http://www.collagevideo.com/

This website has nearly every workout ever made. It has a listing of staff favorites, every video is rated by the staff. Even better - you can watch clips of the videos to see if you even like them. I can't tell you how many times I've bought one, got home, and can't stand the host - therefore I never do it again. The prices are good too!
  • sbartlett0421
    Options
    hee hee
    tonkasmom and I posted at the same time. Told you it was a good website, :wink:
  • romero2006da
    romero2006da Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like the Biggest Loser Workout Video. It works all of your muscles...You can customize your workout.
  • lilangel7671
    lilangel7671 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the motivation! I am a TurboJam chick all the way! Chalene Johnson is a GREAT trainer, very high-energy and gets you PUMPED! I can't imagine not doing TJ now..it's like cardio-kickboxing! She's got so many different DVD workouts, though I would suggest starting with the TurboJam 5 workout DVD Set. It has the Learn and Burn session to help get you used to the moves and get started! Hope this helped!:happy:
  • angl
    angl Posts: 188
    Options
    I got this dvd from a online friend at realage.com and its a great workout. You will love the title ...
    Tank Top Arms..Bikini Belly...Boy Shorts Bottom with Minna Lessig.
    I cant do all the Bikini Belly stuff (thats probably why I dont have a bikini belly):frown: but like all dvd you just do what works best for you and skip the rest.::bigsmile:
    The collagevideo.com sounds like a great place to check it out.
    Good Luck
    angl:smile:
  • GlamNGlitter
    Options
    I'm doing Biggest Loser Bootcamp DVD and it is AWESOME ...
    totally worth the money and definitely a great workout!!
    I HIGHLY recommend it! :wink:
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing the 30 day shred and am loving it. I am interested to read good reviews on others though. I am halfway through this dvd and not sure it will be as effective after the 30 days. I have heard good things about Jillian Michaels other dvd's though.

The thing I like most about this workout is that it is intense, but only 25 mins. I am strapped for time. I could probly do less fb and more workout some nights though.
  • pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    im loving the billy blanks tae bo dvds....theyre hard work but good fun
  • skwhatley
    skwhatley Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have digital cable and in the On Demand menu they have free exercise videos. I don't think it's the entire video but it does give you a pretty good idea of how the video is and the effectiveness of it. Today I did one of the Biggest Loser videos and Bob kicked my butt.
  • screamingsoftly
    Options
    I really like Jilian's 30 day shred. You only need hand weights and there are three levels so you can switch things up through out the week.
  • nightmistresskittie
    Options
    I am currently doing the 30 day shred and am loving it. I am interested to read good reviews on others though. I am halfway through this dvd and not sure it will be as effective after the 30 days. I have heard good things about Jillian Michaels other dvd's though.

The thing I like most about this workout is that it is intense, but only 25 mins. I am strapped for time. I could probly do less fb and more workout some nights though.

I am also doing the 30 day shred it definitely kicks your butt for awhile
  • angelicarebels
    angelicarebels Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love core rhythms...I like to shake my booty and the workouts make you sweat and are fun!! I also do Billy Blanks and he makes me want to cry but I feel the burn:>D...Also when I need to switch up a little and try different styles I go to this website and you can do full workouts and samples to try and work different muscle groups>>>http://exercisetv.tv/whatshot/enviga/<<<<You should check here many are free and you can buy downloads if you like but I like freebies :>D Hope that Helps
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Does your library have any for you to try? That is what I have been doing, keeps it interesting. One I did buy for myself was Core Rhythms.
  • margaretthedevil
    Options
    Everyone has made great suggestions. I happen to LOVE all of Jillian Michael's workouts. I would recommend you get some weights for muscle toning and extra calorie burning. It's not expensive. About 10-15 dollars for a pair usually. That's all the equipment I ever need for exercise videos.
  • JWalker514
    JWalker514 Posts: 87
    Options
    I have 3 different of the Firm DVDs I am really liking them. I am planning on getting the 30 day shred also. I need some butt kicking lol
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I got Jillian Michael's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I love it! Well actually, I hate it. That's why it's great. No weights or equipment. It kicks major butt!
  • K8losesW8
    K8losesW8 Posts: 12
    Options
    I ended up buying 3 Jillian Michaels DVDs off of Amazon. (I had a small giftcard)

While I was at it, I got a workout mat and some 5 lb weights to start with.

Thanks for all of your input. Hopefully the next time I'm bored at home I will do a workout DVD instead of watch TV. :)
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I got Jillian Michael's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I love it! Well actually, I hate it. That's why it's great. No weights or equipment. It kicks major butt!

I agree on this one
    It will KICK your butt....just did it for the 2nd time and I am soooooo sore
    Been doing the 30 day shred for 2 mnths but I like the fat boost better