Alcoholic Drinks - Lowest Cal

Options
neverstray
neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
I'm going out tonight to see a musician. Prior to the show, we're going to stop somewhere and have a couple drinks. Usually, I have red wine or my fav vodka and cran. But, what a good low cal drink. I was thinking maybe just vodka and soda or something like that?

Replies

• DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    I'm thinking you should just be mindful of it and enjoy yourself... I don't drink, so I'm not sure what the cals are...
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Southern Comfort and diet coke
  • bridgette863
    Options
    Not sure about the calories in it because I pay more mind to the carbs but I know the carbs in Mich Ultra if you like beer are like 1/2 of any other beer. Have a good time!!
  • hkatrobos
    hkatrobos Posts: 49
    Options
    capt morgan and diet ginger ale .... about 60 cals and tastes like cream soda!!!!
  • monicaroozo
    monicaroozo Posts: 200
    Options
    1.5 oz of vodka is 90 calories. Paired with club or diet soda thats what they'll be. My fav easy mix drink is vanilla stoli with diet or reg root beer - it tastes like a root beer float!
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    If you like Vodka, try Vodka with soda water and lots of limes. :)
  • monicaroozo
    monicaroozo Posts: 200
    Options
    Keep in mind that most mix drinks will be 1.5 oz. Although many 70 proof alcohols (vodkas, rums, gins) run at only 60 cals a serving - that serving will be 1.5!

You may prefer to stick with wine since a 5oz serving can be in the 110-130 cal range?
  • neverstray
    Options
    In my very quick look in the food category, it looks like pretty much any of my normal drinks are all around 100 cals each. Vokda/Soda, Vodka/Cran, Red Wine. All around the same, so I'm not going to worry about it.
  • litlpineapple
    litlpineapple Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Vodka tonic with lime.
  • neverstray
    Options
    Keep in mind that most mix drinks will be 1.5 oz. Although many 70 proof alcohols (vodkas, rums, gins) run at only 60 cals a serving - that serving will be 1.5!

You may prefer to stick with wine since a 5oz serving can be in the 110-130 cal range?

I don't know how you do that at a bar. I don't want to be a weirdo. I'll just drink what they serve.
  • Par8hed4life
    Par8hed4life Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Go to any store (even convienient stores) and get some MIO. It is a water flavorer with no calories and no aspertame. Mix with Vodka and -VOILA! Low cal drink!

Or Vodka water with a splash of lime. Also delish.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I drink miller lite...I believe its 96 calories a drink.
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    vodka w/ soda water and limes!!!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    http://getdrunknotfat.com/

Gives you an idea even if the specific drinks aren't listed.

Personally red wine works for me, then white, then near-neat spririt ... kicked beer into touch completely lately.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I usually do vodka & perrrier with lime.
  • Super_mom
    Super_mom Posts: 185
    Options
    a shot of tequila 1oz 69cals
  • tammyclinch
    tammyclinch Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    rum and diet cream soda or ginerale
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    whisky ditch or whisky straight up -- just sip it.
  • LemonSnap
    LemonSnap Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Stick with the red wine and benefit from the antioxidants and fluoride.
  • nitepagan
    nitepagan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I like rum with pineapple juice or orange juice, whatever juice I have on hand.

Beer would be Newcastle or IPA or some other microbrew, Bass ale is my favorite.

When I am making something with my wok, I always have some dry sherry, most of the time more than I should. I also use the dry sherry in my wok cooking, my excuse for over indulging.