Eating to your Blood Type?????

Options
I read something about Eating to your Blood Type did anyone ever hear of this? If so, any results? Examples please?

Replies

• nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I've heard about it. Sounds ridiculous to me and it seems to be a joke in the medical field.
  • hdlb123
    hdlb123 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it myself, but one of my husbands co-workers swears by it. He doesn't eat anything that isn't on his "list".

Personally I don't get it, but if it works for people, then good for them.
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I prefer blood type A
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    high-expectations-asian-father-meme-00029.jpg
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    you are only allowed to do this after you are perfect or it doesnt work. When you are perfect from proper nutrition and exercise it wont matter anyway.
  • skinnyfiremama
    Options
    I have the book, I've read it. Some of it is ridiculous, some of it makes sense. As I read about my blood type (O), many of the foods on the "avoid" list I don't like anyway; almost all of the things on the "benifical" list I thoroughly enjoy eating. When I read my husbands blood type chapter (A) we found the same was true. Could be something to it, I don't discount it completely. Moderation in all things is always the best bet.
  • danyelle67
    danyelle67 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your comments. I am so confused. So many different outlooks in life on how and what to eat!!!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I'm O+ and it says I should only eat pizza - I'm convinced :tongue:
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options

Cool! I'm thinking of converting over to O+ now.

I wonder what they charge to do that.

:happy:
  • toque88
    toque88 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness! I'm O+ and I can't say no to Pizza. :glasses:
  • samhelen
    samhelen Posts: 98
    Options
    If you're curious go to the library and see if they have this book, "4 Blood Types, 4 Diets Eat Right for Your Type: the individualized diet solution to staying healthy, living longer & achieving your ideal weight" by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo with Catherine Whitney

Its an interesting read and offers an interesting perspective -- some of it rings of BS and other parts of if I've found to be interesting information -- do I follow the diet, no I do not -- have I looked at the foods list based on my and my husband's blood types -- yes. As with another responder, I did find that the lists of things we should or shouldn't eat were pretty spot on with things we both hated and naturally really liked.

It never hurts to learn about something new even if its not something you believe works -- I'm not in the habit of discounting something just because it sounds whacko until I've learned more about it -- the key is, stop trying to figure out what the best "diet" out there is, and listen to your body, its an amazing machine capable of taking you to where you need to be... if something that's "supposed" to be good for you makes you turn three shades of green then it is NOT GOO FOR YOU! But, that doesn't mean it isn't good for someone else -- it's a learning process, start with the things you love and work from there.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    To me this topic is like reading your horoscope. FAR too wide to be anywhere near accurate.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I think you need to stop reading Twilight.
  • Linda1053
    Linda1053 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eat-Right-4-Your-Type/dp/071267716X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1331391539&sr=1-1

this is the link to the book on Amazon. It is also available for the Kindle. I read it and have taken some points on board and changed just a few of the things I eat. Im B+ and it tells me turkey is better for me than chicken so I have changed. I am not able to say I have noticed a great deal of difference though.
  • maf66
    maf66 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    To me this topic is like reading your horoscope. FAR too wide to be anywhere near accurate.

WHAT????? You mean my Horrorscope is FALSE???? Oh man come ON. It told me to drink pizza and eat beer today! Sheet. Now what am I gonna do????
  • BrianSharpe
    Options
    If you're curious go to the library and see if they have this book, "4 Blood Types, 4 Diets Eat Right for Your Type: the individualized diet solution to staying healthy, living longer & achieving your ideal weight" by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo with Catherine Whitney

Maybe he'd be more credible if he was a real Dr. It's a little disconcerting reading this kind of statement " But when comparing the training and philosophies of NDs and MDs, it’s important to remember that there is no right or wrong: each field is unique and offers distinct benefits to patients and the medical field as a whole." (http://www.aanmc.org/education/comparing-nd-md-curricula.php)

No right and no wrong?? I can think of one naturopath who made the headlines a couple of years ago after a 13 year old diabetic girl died after her "Doctor" told her parents to take her off insulin.
  • BrianSharpe
    Options

Cool! I'm thinking of converting over to O+ now.

I wonder what they charge to do that.

:happy:

There's no charge - we welcome converts with open arms, in fact I've been going door to door trying to convert my neighbours. :tongue: