WHAT METHOD ARE YOU USING?!?

Options
just curious as to how and what MFP people are doing to help aid with their weight loss goals or success?

is anyone on here using:
whey protein drinks or smoothies, diet pills, clean eating, working out or any type of program: p90x, insanity, zumba, Jillian Michaels
WHAT ARE YOU DOIN? AND WHAT ARE YOUR GOALS?

FOR ME: Ive been tryin the all natural way for 6wks now. (still no loss cuz I messed up early on with bad eating.) But these past 5days Ive been doin way better :) I am on the Special K diet and its goin good, Just clean eating. I also upped my workouts to 2 -3x daily 5-6x a wk.. DEF. challenging myself and my body this time around :) AND NOT MAKING IT EASY.

MY WORKOUT ROUTINE NOW:
Early Morning GYM: 5 days a wk.
(mon-lower body weights, tue-upper body weights, wed-cardio, thur.-full body strength and fri-full body strength and sat. optional or cardio)
Late afternoon: Jillian Michaels 30day shred and 6wk 6pack (just started and its good:) day #3 today.
Nightime Home workout: extreme abs, cardio and strength
IM IN THE MOMENTUM THIS TIME AND IM LOVING IT. HOPEFULLY I WILL REACH MY GOAL WEIGHT SOON :)
current weight: 140
GOAL weight: 120-125 BUT I PLAN TO KEEP THIS AS A LIFESTYLE FROM NOW ON. TRAINING FOR MORE RACES :) AND WARRIOR DASH (this yr.)/ TOUGH MUDDER(next yr.)

If anyone is taking any good supplement form or dietary aid and are having good results, please post them.

WELL GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND CONGRATS ON THOSE WITH LOSSES AND GETTIN CLOSER TO YOUR GOALS:)

Replies

• plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been slipping up because of stress, but I need to get back on it!!

I eat a vegetarian diet high in protein (my goal is to always go over my set macros) and I try and balance my main meals with leafy green vegetables, fruits, and fats. I really enjoy cooking my own meals so I find using whole ingredients the best tasting :D

Okay here is where I'm messing up -___-

My workout consists of alternating between all these and whatever fits into my schedule:

Butt Bible
    A YouTube hip hop isometrics video
    6 mile walk
    Pole dancing (But not right now because I'm trying to build strength for it)
    And recently Krav Maga

My goal is lose inches and focus on measurements compared to dropping pounds. I find that if I depend on the scale, it trips me up and leads to obsession and obsession leads to my failure.

Good luck everyone!! :)
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I eat an appropriate amount of food for my age and body composition, and I exercise from time to time. Seems to be working so far.
  • Charlestonairmen
    Options
    to cut the fat you should be eating protein. exercise of course.
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I just eat within my calorie goal, and usually pretty clean, but not always.

I am doing Chalean Extreme for strength 3x a week. I'm also doing a 10k running program 3x a week but I keep having to stop because of my stupid shin splints.

Good luck!
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    I'm not following any program although I have Insanity (don't feel up to starting it yet). I'm working out 60 - 100 mins at the gym 6 x per week, 1 - 3 30 min runs per week, i also ride a few hours a week and drum. Then I am following the calorie guide set out for me here.

I do take MultiBionta Activate, a multi vit with ginseng and B vits, which seems to give me a nice energy boost through the day.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I do about 1450 calories on non-workout days and about 1700 on workout days.
    I am currently doing the NROL4W...
  • liftandcycle
    Options
    I use eas recovery drinks, powerade zero, energy protein bars, recovery bars..
  • carolanne84
    carolanne84 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Using exercise of walking/jogging, crunches, resistance bands to start toning my arms up. I am staying within my 1200 calories a day that mfp has suggested. I have been on it for five days now and hoping to see great results over time. I am soon to buy the 30 day shred that ive heard so much about on here i need a new work out video. My target goal is to lose 20 lbs by this summer.
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options

I am doing Chalean Extreme for strength 3x a week. I'm also doing a 10k running program 3x a week but I keep having to stop because of my stupid shin splints.

Good luck!

I just got done running my first 5k last month. and yes SHIN SPLINTS SUUUUCK!!! I HAVE ONE ON MY RIGHT SHIN. AND Its def. interfered with me being able to 5k train now. As before I was training 3miles. 2x per wk now I only do 1mile jogging maybe 2x per wk cuz my shins KILL!!! But Im gonna have to push harder cuz my next race is in 2months then warrior dash in 4months :)
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Using exercise of walking/jogging, crunches, resistance bands to start toning my arms up. I am staying within my 1200 calories a day that mfp has suggested. I have been on it for five days now and hoping to see great results over time. I am soon to buy the 30 day shred that ive heard so much about on here i need a new work out video. My target goal is to lose 20 lbs by this summer.

good for u. u can do it def. :)
    um, I think 30day shred is gonna work. im on day 3 today and jillian is a KILLER..I cuss at that b***h everytime!! But yea liking it alot!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I don't have a method. I just log what I eat on here and stop eating when I run out of calories.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    If you have shin splints, your training programme might be improved by taking a good week or two off, and then starting up again when they're feeling better, and making sure that you stretch out after each run to help prevent them from coming back.
  • ViSabbi
    ViSabbi Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the BBVI 90 day challenge, my goal is to lose 30 pounds, I lost 20 so far with still weeks to go! (my goal is bigger but split on 2 consecutive 90 day challenge). I feel awesome, full of energy and I just eat well, healthy snacks and replace 2 meals a day by my shake that tastes like cake mix. I didn't really add much more changes to my lifestyle so far, however I want to add more exercises. I do walk about 30 to 60 minutes a day. I also do the 30DS but I really lack discipline and I've been to day 3 in 2 weeks... :P
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I eat within my calorie goal which is 1600 calories and then I workout pretty much everyday. I am doing ripped in 90 days second time around. It tells you what dvd to use each day which I burn about 300 cals with each dvd and then I do cardio kickboxing 4 times a week in a class for 1hour sessions which MFP says I burn 898 calories in the class. They are all really difficult workouts but I feel amazing afterwards. First time through ripped in 90 last year without the eating plan it gives you I lost 5 inches b w h It was amazing for sure. I also have a fit bit which is an over glorified pedometer on steroids you should check it out! It also links with MFP :)
  • Aleciajones
    Aleciajones Posts: 153
    Options
    Just recently altered my method to keep carbs low and protein high. It broke my plateau and I no longer get sluggish after meals. Also started more toning and weight use to build muscles. Goal is weight loss but I feel great so it motivates me to work harder. Only pills are vitamins but I'm considering adding protein drinks in. Videos I workout to vary from one day to the next, lots of online streaming available.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Me, I'm trying to eat healthier, even though I still slip up. I eat breakfast now, where as before I didn't. I'm making a point to exercise, everyday. I walk 3-5 times a week (30-60 min.) I exercise on a gazelle 5-7 times a week (30 min), and I do Zumba twice a week. I've lost 12 pounds in 2 months, so far and I'm exited about my clothes getting lose on me! yay
  • Babs0077
    Babs0077 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I had a problem with shin spints during a half marathon (Don't get excited, I run 4 mins, walk 1, and so on.... it works for me.) It felt like my muscle was being ripped off my fibula. I invested in a pair of calf sleeves. I got them from Running Warehouse and they are just compressoin sleeves that are made of neoprene (sp?) The brand I bought were Zensah. You can wear them during your run, or after for recovery. I wore them for my last half marathon (Disney) and didn't have an ounce of troubles!! Just a suggestion for the shin spints.... :flowerforyou:

Good luck!

I just got done running my first 5k last month. and yes SHIN SPLINTS SUUUUCK!!! I HAVE ONE ON MY RIGHT SHIN. AND Its def. interfered with me being able to 5k train now. As before I was training 3miles. 2x per wk now I only do 1mile jogging maybe 2x per wk cuz my shins KILL!!! But Im gonna have to push harder cuz my next race is in 2months then warrior dash in 4months :)
  • michaella23
    Options
    I am on the HCG diet and I am losing usually about 1 lb a day so I am so happy with that. I am not exercising at all except to maybe go shopping or whatever. I also take OxyElite Pro to help me not feel so hungry
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    Options
    I'm just doing basic diet and exercise. I keep my calories within a certain range and try to eat more fruits and vegetables. I was doing Turbo Jam but I was a couple days away from finishing that schedule and I got the flu. I think I'm almost better now I just have a horrible cough. I'm going to try and start the couch to 5k next week and also I have a jillian michaels workout coming in the mail (No more trouble zones) so I'll do that a few times a week too.
  • KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    Options
    My goals are less about losing weight and more about stripping body fat and adding muscle to create the kind of body I want. To do this, I eat a fairly high protein diet (using whey protein to supplement) and lift heavy 4 x a week. Usually add in another day of plyo or HIIT type cardio.

Some of my fitness goals include bench pressing my body weight and being able to knock out multiples of chin-ups and pull-ups. I think strong = sexy.