Zumba for Xbox Kinect

Options
I usually do the zumba workouts, but the calories it says i have lost seem so wrong. Even when i get a better score and more stars, it says I burned less calories then the other person that scored even lower then me!
How accurate is that???

Replies

• xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    *bump
    i wanna know, its next to come on my game fly list
  • tenshiblue
    tenshiblue Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba game for the Wii. For me the calories it gives you at the end is much higher than the calorie given to me by my HRM. I simply go with my HRM for this one. I feel it is more accurate.
  • meliibabii87
    Options
    I need to Buy one of those!
    Because somehow I do really good on a song, but the calories just seem too low!
  • Jenatello
    Jenatello Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I think the only way you're really going to know how many calories you've burned is to get a heart rate monitor.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    You will get different calorie burn than someone beside you, even if you're walking at the same incline, same speed etc because of the difference in your personal height / weight in comparison. Applies to zumba and other workouts, the fitter you are the less you will be burning in the ame time vs me at 300 + lbs if we were doing the same pace.
  • meliibabii87
    Options
    I knew I would need one...... But does that tell you like how many calories you burn? I always wanted to get one!

Yea I know that is true, but you would think that when you do something in a very fast speed, you lose more calories, especially when it comes to Zumba!
  • debbond58
    debbond58 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    There are different HR monitors.some give the calorie count and some don't.Obviously the ones that do are a little more pricey.amazon.com has a good selection.I was going to wait and let that be one of my rewards but my calories burned seemed off for my weight.I was right,they were.I have really enjoyed having it.
  • phresh21
    phresh21 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    They r WAY off