Am i supposed to look diff with loss of 10 pounds?

Options
I lost 5 pounds this week alone, and it took me like a month to lose the other 4. I've lost 9 pounds in total. Am I supposed to look any different? I started out with 153 pounds.
I see some minor changes, but its very minor. I feel great though. Would it be different if I lose 15 or 20 pounds? Would I look physically different?

Replies

• swilk627
    swilk627 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? I'm 5"2' - I started at 152ish and am now at 140. I don't feel like I look any different. My face might be a little thinner and my upper body might be a bit smaller - but no huge changes. My clothes are fitting better though and I've gone down a pant size. I figure the next 10 pounds is where the big change will show.
  • iminlalaland4ever
    Options
    I'm 5'3, My clothes are a tad bit looser, but I usually wear loose clothes anyway lol. Thank you so much! :D
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I didn't notice much difference in the first 10-12 pounds. Even in how my clothes fit. From 15 pounds down, it was insane how much I changed. I think some of it was eating more calories. Losing weight with a smaller deficit, I lost more fat.
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 8 lbs in the last couple of months...and I don't feel like I look any different either. I'm 5'3 as well. But my clothes fit looser and I've gotten the occassional comment from gym friends that my face looks slimmer...I think the other poster is right, maybe another 10 lbs pounds and people may notice. You would think with us being so short, that even 5 lbs would make a noticable difference...guess not.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    took me about 20 lbs to start feeling and looking different.
  • iminlalaland4ever
    Options
    Thanks everybody!
    I actually did think being shorter would make a 10 pound difference a lot more noticeable. My first goal is 15 pounds anyway. And then my ultimate goal is for another 10 pounds.
  • swilk627
    swilk627 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You would think with us being so short, that even 5 lbs would make a noticable difference...guess not.

Initially, that had been my thought as well! Bummer!
  • Astrowife68
    Options
    Alot of people, say when you put a before and now picture side by side, they don't even see the difference. BUT if you post them, other usually see some differences. Also be sure to measure, it works wonders on your self esteem to see a difference.

Good Luck in your journey. :flowerforyou:

14171021.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Well it really just depends on the person. Depends on how big you were to begin with, how tall you are, your frame... I've lost about 14 pounds but people can't really see a difference in me. No one has said anything anyway. My boyfriend can tell a difference but.. he sees me naked lol. My tummy is flat now, not as much of a pooch when I sit down, and I'm a size lower in jeans. But most people wouldn't be able to tell that I've done anything. I'm 5'10. Started at 158 now I'm 144.
  • Linda6580
    Linda6580 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 6 pounds and have gone done a pant size. Notice a little change looking in the mirror. Clothes fit a little looser. I to am 5'3" Can't wait for more changes to come.
  • colorlessgreen
    colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Well it really just depends on the person. Depends on how big you were to begin with, how tall you are, your frame... I've lost about 14 pounds but people can't really see a difference in me. No one has said anything anyway. My boyfriend can tell a difference but.. he sees me naked lol. My tummy is flat now, not as much of a pooch when I sit down, and I'm a size lower in jeans. But most people wouldn't be able to tell that I've done anything. I'm 5'10. Started at 158 now I'm 144.

I'm almost exactly the same -- 5'9", started at 156, down to 145 -- and I can't see a thing, but my boyfriend says he can. ;) I guess maybe my clothes fit a tiny bit better. But, I definitely FEEL better! I have so much more energy, am more productive at work, and am super proud of myself. :) Totally worth it.
  • jayjaybee1015
    Options
    I didn't notice a change until a saw a photo side by side with my starting photo. Also measurements help!