Lina's Greek Yogurt Panko Chicken Breast! (With Pic)

Options

Replies

• 8break
    8break Posts: 11
    Options
    :tongue: bump
  • mem1086
    mem1086 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yum! trying this tonight
  • MarCarCas
    MarCarCas Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, going to try.
  • mem1086
    mem1086 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    OMG! I just made this for dinner and it is AMAZING!!!! I paired it with half a baked sweet potato and stemed broccoli, cauliflower, and asparagus. The whole meal for 4.5 oz of this chicken was less than 400 calories!!!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I'm telling you, it's damn good!
  • karlos988
    karlos988 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • heathermarie517
    Options
    Going back to store for discounted panko I found today! Sounds and looks yummy!!!!!
  • twinsmake3
    twinsmake3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • tinamatteson
    tinamatteson Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    looks and sounds so delicious! I'm trying it tonight. Thanks!
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    bump def will have to try it
  • DANCHAN1
    DANCHAN1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi can someone clarify the cooking instructions were to use foil, do you put in a pan then over or do you tent the foil and it sounds like it would be more steamed then probably not as crunchy. Thanks
  • smspencer1
    Options
    I made this last night! It came out amazing!!!

@scotsgirl813-

I used 2 boneless chicken breast.
    Dipped them in Oikos plain greek yogurt and then in the panko breadcrumbs,
    Preheated my oven to 375 (it's one of those mini apartment ovens),
    I used a rectangle pyrex baking dish and layed Renolds non stick tin foil inside it,
    I used a little bit of butter on the tin foil, just in case!
    I then put the chicken in the baking dish and poured a little melted butter on top.
    Put the dish in the oven and baked for 50 min.
    I then put it under my broiler for about 5 min to get the top nice and crispy and brown!

Came out perfect!! Paired it with Steamfresh baby brussel sprouts. I will def be making this again!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I was sitting at my desk at work yesterday dreaming about food and what I was in the mood to eat...FRIED CHICKEN! But since i'm trying to lose a pound or two (or fourty), fried chicken was probably not the best option. So in my head I was trying to come up with a good breaded chicken breast that could be baked. Every single freakin' time I make breaded chicken breast and put it in the oven I have problems. The breading falls apart. The eggs don't really coat the chicken and I end up with all of the breading on my fingers instead of the chicken. There had to be a better way. Then it clicked GREEK YOGURT! I am telling you right here, right now, right this minute that this recipe is easy and FAN*@#&*@#^@*^&*TASTIC! I called my husband (he was off) and asked him to take out boneless skinless chicken breast and when I got home, I made this....

Measurements are all up to you. Please decide how much or how little you want and calculate the calories based on that. I'm just going to give you the idea and you can go to town with the rest!

I used:

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (thawed, of course)
    Greek Yogurt
    Salt to taste
    Italian Style Panko Bread Crumbs
    Pam Spray

Scoop some Greek Yogurt out of container and place in a bowl. Mix until the yogurt is smooth. Add salt to taste.

Pour the Panko bread crumbs in a plate.

Take finger and swish inside yogurt bowl and take a taste (you know you want to, you know you will)

Dip chicken breast in Greek Yogurt and coat the entire breast.

Take chicken breast and press against Panko bread crumbs until the entire breast is covered. Just press down. it works. I promise.

Spray a baking dish with Pam. Place the coated chicken breast inside baking dish.

Spray the chicken breast with Pam on top. This makes the top crispy.

Cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven (350 degrees) for a good 50 to 55 minutes.

Serve with whatever your heart desires. I served with broccoli.

m223901307.jpg

This turned out exactly the way I imagined it would. It is so juicy, so tasty, so delicious, so OMG I WANT TO EAT THIS EVERY NIGHT good. Everyone loved it. You will too.

P.S. I am sure that I am not the first person on the planet to coat chicken breast with yogurt and Panko crumbs. I am not trying to take credit for this invention, but I invented in my head yesterday and tried it, it turned out to be the bomb.com so I thought I would share. Thanks and Thanks!

P.P.S. I know, I talk a lot.

:bigsmile:

Preparing this for dinner now. Thanks! :)
  • JVandesteeg
    JVandesteeg Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I will have to give this a shot!! Thanks for sharing!!!:smile:
  • Orna01
    Orna01 Posts: 6
    Options
    Unfortunately I don't have Panko or any variety of breadcrumb, but I do have the Greek yogurt ;). Needless to stay it's baking right now. Instead of the salt I used lemon, maple garlic pepper and salt free garlic and herb. Can't wait. Thanks for the idea.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    OK, I must have done something wrong. I made this for dinner tonight using the boneless/skinless chicken breast, fat free greek yogurt, Mrs. Dash Table blend (mixed in with the yogurt) and Panko bread crumbs. I baked it for a total of almost an hour on 250, but it wasn't crispy/browned. The chicken was cooked through, but the bread crumbs just weren't crunchy and more of a soggy mess. Luckily it still tasted good and we all ate it, but any suggestions as to how to make it "crispier" looking and/or tasting?
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Did you spray the coated chicken with Pam?
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    That looks amazingly good - and I don't even like fried chicken.
  • cpbarrett
    cpbarrett Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kmjenkins
    kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Great idea, thanks for sharing!