I need friends :-(

Options
I've been using MFP off and on for a few months now, and I think that part of the reason I keep going off is that I don't have any friends to feel accountable to. I've lost 26 pounds, and I know these last 20 or so are going to be the hardest. If I want to reach my goal I really need to stick with it.
Luckily spring is in the air, so I'll feel more motivated to get outside. Planning on going to the zoo tomorrow with the family since it'll be in the 60's.

Replies

• mkxultra
    mkxultra Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi. I'm trying to get friends into it too. I have in the past lost 17lbs on MFP. but since a year ago when I first started using it I stopped caring and gained 5 back. I think getting friends is worth the try to keep me on it. Plus it's much better than trolling facebook.com. I live in Las Vegas, Nevada.
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've been doing this since January; my daughter asked me to do it with her. I'm 56 years old; that may be too old for you. I don't do facebook, and talking with strangers seems a little odd to me. But if I can help, I'm happy to try. You may add me as a friend.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    It's nice to have friends for motivation but only u can make it happen.......
  • seefoxylady
    Options
    I am new and would like to have new friends
  • tommiirugby
    tommiirugby Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • savage22hp
    savage22hp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Friends make this easier to stay on track , friend request on the way .
  • helenmc40
    helenmc40 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your friend!! I am new and have only lost 2lbs. some of the friends I have on MFP check my diary and I find this helps keep me on track knowing that I am being "watched". I will help motivate you if you need it!! And hopfully you can motivate me?
  • margiehernandez
    Options
    If you guys are looking for some encouragement, add me as a friend too! I am new to this also and very motivated right now. Let's do this!!! :)
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I hear you, I wouldn't be able to do it without friends. Feel free to add me, I'm on everyday. :smile:
  • Shadow87
    Shadow87 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'll be more than happy to be friends with any and all of you, I'm trying to lose about 52 pounds-I'm getting married in November and want to be 165 pounds-or as close to it as possible-by then. I'm on here just about all the time, and I try to encourage all my friends, especially when they start feeling discouraged. :happy:
  • ElissaNP
    ElissaNP Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well, I'm off and on here all day. The friends definitely help.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. I have lots of friends and always like more.
  • jillthemom
    jillthemom Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You can add me! We seem to have a bit in common. I need active friends who wont quit. More than half of my current friends haven't been on in over a week!
  • weight2go
    weight2go Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The more you have the better. I offer support and kick in the butt when you say you need it. And love to get it back. So feel free to add me. I always can use a good kick to get me started which is the hardest part. :wink:
  • JenLaPointe
    Options
    I am also looking for more friends!!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!!
  • aakeller
    aakeller Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend! It's so much easier to lose weight with people who know what you are going through :happy:
  • angijunbug
    angijunbug Posts: 205
    Options
    Add me if you like :smile: The more the merrier :happy: And have fun at the zoo!
  • jodyl70
    jodyl70 Posts: 94
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as well!
    Actually, for that matter, anybody, please add me! I am also in need of more peeps!
    I am very new to using this site as I should, plus moved to a new community recently.
    Good luck and keep up the faith, you are doing so fantastic!
    :smile:
  • Holizki
    Holizki Posts: 3
    Options
    I am looking for friends also. Feel free to add me