injured and trying to stay motivated

Options
Long story .... I fell off of a platform and severely sprained my right ankle (IN SEPTEMBER) and have been living in a cam-boot. I tore one ligament, partially tore 2 other ligaments and am getting tendinitis. After 3 months of restrictions in weight-baring activities, walking and stretching I was finally off to physical therapy. I began walking again (elliptical machine), stretching and some abdominal workouts.

I had lost 20 lbs .... and then went back to the doctor only to find there has been no improvement and was placed on harsher restrictions and put back in the cam-boot. Now it's been 4 weeks and I've gained 4 lbs back. I'm lacking in motivation and am so sick of just doing weights/medicine balls and rubber-bands.

I don't have anyone to help motivate my weight-loss but me. I'm finally getting back on track and I need help. I'm mentally in a better place now and I'm getting myself back on track. I need ideas for what I can do to promote better weight-loss until I finally heal. Can anyone give me some suggestions?

Restrictions:
*weight-baring activity
*squatting
*cannot remove cam-boot

Replies

• zembalina
    zembalina Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Are you able to do the stationary bike? When I was in a boot I was able to. Not as easy as it is with no boot, but.....it's exercise right?
  • monslater
    Options
    That's definitely something to try. When I was in PT, they didn't let me but I can ask. Thanks for the idea!