My first non-scale victory...

gerbies
gerbies Posts: 444 Member
I have been feeling a bit guilty/upset with myself since I've taken more "break" weeks between workout programs than I intended (I intended to take 1-2 weeks off the intense program and then jump into another structured workout program); "breaks" means I scaled back to 3-4 days a week and loosened up my calories. I completed my Power 90 workout program on 2/15/12. I've gained like 3 lbs since (I've allowed myself some treats before I jump into my next program: Jillian Michaels Body Revolution). Though I'm starting 3/12, I was feeling a bit bloated from the last few days of going out to eat and 1/2 a package of Milanos I ate yesterday (I can't believe I just posted that...so embarrassed!).

I went to my yoga studio for the first time in like 6 weeks; I hadn't seen the owner since 1/1/12. Both the owner and one of the instructors immediately were like, "Wow, have you lost weight? You look great!" I felt so good and remembered how far I have come already (lost 38 lbs...well, 35 now).

In addition to the kind words, even though I haven't followed my usual yoga practice in at least 6 weeks (there was some light yoga incorporated in Power 90), my practice today was fabulous! I could move easier...I absolutely noticed how much more I could lean into twists. I felt so great today!

This was exactly what I needed to prepare for my Jillian Michaels program on Monday. Just wanted to share!!

Replies

• EmDrake13
    EmDrake13 Posts: 27 Member
    Wow, that sounds great! Right out of the blue. A little motivation from the universe. Congratulations.
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    thanks...it made my day!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Great feeling when other notice :) Keep it up! Jillian can be rough sometimes :) I know you can do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!