T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team ~ WEEK 24~ Welcome!

Options

Replies

• manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Options
    excited! I got on th scale this morning and weighted 170 that is almost a three bls loss! I'll have to see if it sticks for the weight in. Dange being a girl sucks, at least I know that it was the water weight I was thinking it was. Any how thought I would share.
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Options
    Good morning Team!! :flowerforyou:

Well I'm another one that didn't log all weekend, I had good intentions and did log my breakfast .. then it went downhill from there. I had a very busy weekend ... a lot of shopping and wasn't home much at all. So I bought the boat and I ended up buying an Elliptical instead of the gym membership... but OMG I can only go on it a couple minutes and my legs are killing me, will have to take it slow I guess. I thought that would be the better buy cause everyone in the house can use it, whereas the membership would only be good for me, I might still get a 3 month one though, just to try it out.

I'm having a really really hard time getting all my water in, can anyone tell me how I can drink 15.5 glasses of water a day??? Also I'll be away all weekend, going camping... I'm looking for ideas for food to bring with me. Need ideas for salads that will stay good in a cooler. Mind you if this weather doesn't warm up I probably won't even need a cooler :laugh: still haven't even gone swimming yet :frown:

Ok I need to get ready for work, only working two days then off for the rest of the week!!

You all have a great day!! :flowerforyou:
  • indianagranny
    Options
    HI Team

How is everyone today? I have gotten in my water two days straight and have 56 ounces in me already
    bUT i WILL BE GAINING 10 POUNDS this week cause TOM is due to check in. That is okay cause I finally did it - YA GANG I DID IT. I am SO SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Work made me so FRUSTRATED I MEAN REALLY FRUSTRATED so I took the next three days as vacation days. I don't go back til Sunday July 26th. I would have called in and taken last night off without pay but I went to a private party at Maurice's (local upscale clothing store) and bought tooooooooo many new clothes. Not really just couldn't afford to take the night off without payafter myh shopping spree. So I am going to shower,drink water and exercise. I will catch up on the post later. Just want to share some joy with you all.

As far as the Facebook, I am a little slow but will try to add to my name tonight and find you that have given me your name or email.

Have a great day.
  • Buttonnose
    Buttonnose Posts: 76
    Options
    Hey everyone...hope you all had a great weekend.
    Me well I was busy and yes went off on my food and exercise this weekend. Had a B/Day party at my house for my two kids - one was born July 11th and the other 28th so combined them both this weekend as just easier. They are both old enough to have it combined now. But I so busy and then had to have a piece of cake and cherry pie. LOL. So big time off of my calories.
    Then yesterday wind down time - hubby and I went for a drive... stopped for PIZZA and that was it for yesterday.
    But back on track today...sometimes I need a break as it helps me focus better. If I stay on track all the time I just get frustrated and go completely off. So will take those treat days to help me through the rough spots.

Well that is it for me...talk at you all later.

Button
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    OK lulu, i'll be better, i promise... i can really tell when i don't get enough water in (i am still working on getting my 8 glasses a day in consistently!) i started packing food for our trip... since we'll be living in the car for 4 days... junk for the kids that i don't like (so no temptations!) and granola bars and 100 cal packs for me and hubby... will get fresh fruit and such the day we leave. i have to snack and drink constantly when i drive long distances, or i'll go to sleep. so going to hit costco and get a BIG container of grapes, if i eat the whole thing i don't care, as long as i'm not eating junk!!! bought water yesterday so we'll have the cooler full of water so i have no excuses not to drink... i will also be drinking a lot of pop though too just to stay awake, but i think my ratio will be 1:1 so at least I drink as much water as i do pop.

today i realized that i can't do this without the gym. sure taking a break is nice and necessary at some times, but i like to eat too much to just do this on the food alone. not really an epiphany as much as an understanding that i was right about things in the beginning, things I needed in order to be successful. so i am hitting the gym tomorrow for sure, maybe this afternoon too. i am going to try and get a week pass at the Y in my parent's home town so i can go there while on vacation. or at least take long walks, the boys can ride their bikes. but i am back to exercising and wanting too! kind of got my motivation and commitment back, not that I'd totally lost it, but it wasn't as strong as what it's been in the past.

i tried to be good last night and had a "diet pizza" but it was horrible. i made myself eat a slice anyway, though, so that i wouldn't eat bad stuff. ate blueberries afterwards... am freezing them so snacked as i went. yum! this week is going to be hard for dinners, as the last two weeks have been, with hubby gone. but i got some more smart ones entrees and will just eat that and let the kids have their chicken nuggets or whatever.
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Afternoon Team

I went for a walk today instead of my bike ride cuz there was to many of us LOL my sister, my niece, my two cousins and three of our children... so we walked 5 miles... now we are sitting out by the pool and drinking pina coladas... check back in later...

Sheila
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Good evening, everyone...

Button...I've done the same thing as you, in the past. I'd rather give in to one or two day's of strong craving, if I think I need to. Sometimes my head tells me I'm "deprived," so if I don't give myself the occasional break, I'm sure I'd just give up. Like everyone says, just get back on track the next day.

Debbie...Going to miss you for a few days. But I'm so glad you're getting vacation time with the kids.
    And yay for YOU, Lisa...I hope your vacation is totally relaxing. You can find me on Facebook, too. My e-mail is cyndeebee@hotmail.com.

Poor April and Sheila...It was so nice to see you two reconnecting last week, and visiting some of your childhood places. I hope you get to do it again really soon. And so happy that Sheila's computer is fixed.

Lulu...Put that slipper away. We all promise to try really hard this week. Water, logging our food...

Lorann...I think you spent your winnings wisely. At first I thought the gym membership would be cool, but I agree that it's nice to have something the whole family can use. The other benefit is that you can exercise in your pj's...whenever you want...

I know I've missed a few people. Sorry...
    adopt4...Have a nice trip. I've got to try these frozen blueberries. Sounds good.
    My "treat of the week" is low-fat drumsticks. Mine are 160 calories. My daughter bought her own, and they're not as fancy as mine...300 calories. I've had to guard the fridge so she doesn't "accidentally" take the wrong ones...

Wishing everyone a good results week.
    We can do this!!!
  • swignal
    Options
    Well team I have had a pretty good day today all except April and her girls leaving...I wish she could have just stayed a bit longer one week was just not long enough time to catch up on 16 long years...

but for the rest of the day was nice i walked in the park 5 miles then came home and sat by the pool with my cousin and some friend and had a couple pina coladas trying to catch a sun tan... then I got in the pool and swam for 45 minutes... now hubby is cooking some boneless skinless chicken breast for dinner then we are off to my uncles to sit in his hot tub.. but no more dinking for me....

I think I am going to drive by the fruit market to see if they are open yet... I sure hope so cuz my stuff in my garden isnt ready yet and I want some fresh veggies....

hope everyone had a great Monday...

I will check back in tomorrow

Sheila
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    Hey all. Today was pretty simple. I went for a walk. Did a good mile in a half... while pushing a stroller with my 20 pound daughter in it. I just got done bouncing on the ball and doing twists. I did leg raises and leg circles. I'm doing good on my calories. So far everything that I've been doing this past month is paying off. I'm giving it another month and if the results are good, I'll keep it up the same way... If not, then I'll make the changes that I need to. But so far I'm doing good. I get my walking in at work, big time lol. It was nice being able to walk Saturday and today and it occurred to me that I don't rub when I walk... meaning my legs don't rub on the inside of my legs... It was a good feeling. I hope everyone else is doing good. I need to go back and read all the posts. I haven't had a chance to sit down and read yet.

Have a good evening guys...
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Crud! Only 62 oz of water today. And a ton of watermelon ~ can I count that as water???? lol

No exercise today - busy working, trying to get caught up and make a little $... I'll exercise tomorrow though, promise:)

Yes zano, glug glug glug ~ I'm trying

Tomorrow teamies:heart:
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Options
    Good evening everyone :flowerforyou:

Well I've been able to drink 13 glasses of water today ... still short by 2 and a half to meet this weeks challenge ... but geesh I feel like that's all I've been doing today, drinking water and going to the washroom!! I bet I was going every 15 minutes... and now I will probably be up at least a dozen times tonight... hopefully it goes better tomorrow!

Good night all!!
  • swignal
    Options
    Good Morning Team,

Well I am having a hard time getting moving this morning...we didnt go to bed last night until after 1am and I got up at 8am and ate a bowl of cereal but cant get out the door to bike ride... this is horible I am gonna be rideing in the afternoon today instead of morning GRRRR I hate this...I like rideing in the morning when it isnt so darn hot...well I will check back in later... hope everyone is having a great day..

boy where the heck is Kristi??? sure do miss her...

sheila
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone..

A lot going on here, and this week will be a busy week. I will leave Thurs night or Friday morning to go to Oregon for my uncle's funeral..

I am eating okay drinking water but fudging on the exercise. Just too much going on.. I did get in a brief walk this morning..

If you don't here from me much this week, I am around.. Just buys...

Laters..

Anita
  • cyndeebee
    Options
    Good morning...

You're in our thoughts and prayers, Anita, while you get through this very emotional week.

pawprint...That's a nice feeling, when your thighs no longer rub together. What I've noticed...My pant legs actually hang LOOSE. They're no longer plastered to me, like a second skin.

Strange thing happening...I seem to have lost my apetite. If you'd told me I'd feel this way, a month or so ago, I would have thought you were crazy. I'm not sick. Just not feeling any real hunger these days. Over the past week, I've had to remind myself to eat. And sometimes...like yesterday...I've had to tell myself to eat a bit more, because I'm way under for calories...
    Whatever the reason, I'll take it. Maybe my stomach is shrinking. Maybe I'm finding my "normal."
    I think I'll actually hit 125 by the end of the week, and that's a number I haven't seen in over 2 years. And I realize, when looking into the mirror, that I'm no longer flabby. Clothes are fitting me right. I only have a "belly" after I've eaten a big meal...

But I'm not quitting. Just so you know. I WAS a perfect (Canadian) size 8. And that's my goal...
    I think I'll be seeing my sister this week. It will be interesting to see her reaction, because it's quite noticeable...that I've lost a fair bit of weight since I last saw her a month ago. Will she be irritated with me, and tell me that "We're supposed to put on weight, as we get older, for crying out loud?" Or will she be glad for me? I'll let you know...

(Yes, Button...One of my sisters gets annoyed at hearing that I'm trying to lose a few pounds. Can you guess which one? And...This is a secret...:laugh: )
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Anita - you will be in my thoughts and prayers girl. I will miss you not posting but realize you are busy.

Adopt4 - have a wonderful trip. Gosh - I can drive to this side of I owa in about 7 - 8 hours I think.

Sheila - I like exercising outside when it is cooler too. I will probably wog tonight since I don't have to work.

Cindybee - enjoy the feeling. I did - wished I still was but finally got the flabby feeling back so I need to kick the exercising in high gear.

Lulu and Lorann - keep drinking girls . 64 ounces is about where I get to.

Definitely working on Facebook tonight gals - at least I hope. So look for me to find a few of you hopefully. Got to run to the grocery store, tan and back to hit the exercising.

Have a good day everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

LI4G - How is the job going?

Prayerful - how is the riding?
  • zano2008
    zano2008 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow snorklers great job on the water drinking... Here's four reasons to drink lots and lots of water...
    1. Drinking water enhances fat loss. Water is an essential nutrient. All chemical reactions in the body depend upon it. If you’re trying to lose weight,
    this can’t be ignored. You won’t be able to lose weight without water to flush out the by-products of fat breakdown.
    2. Combat ailments by drinking more water. In many cases, fatigue, headaches and back pain may be caused by dehydration.
    3. Drinking water can reduce hunger. Experts say that hunger pangs are often misinterpreted cravings for water.
    4. Look younger - drinking water hydrates your skin. When the skin is properly hydrated, it looks plump (in this case plump is a good thing, haha) and more radiant.

I found this info at this site:
    http://www.thedietchannel.com/Top-4-Benefits-of-Drinking-Water.htm

Have a great day and keep on gulping.....Zano
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow snorklers great job on the water drinking... Here's four reasons to drink lots and lots of water...

I found this info at this site:
    http://www.thedietchannel.com/Top-4-Benefits-of-Drinking-Water.htm

Have a great day and keep on gulping.....Zano

Excellent, Zano!

I also wanted to add that many of the problems with extra skin when losing a significant amount of weight can be mitigated by proper hydration. The skin is more elastic and able to "shrink" with the rest of you.
    I find that if I am properly hydrated (at 155, I drink a minimum of 96 ounces - more than recommended) I have more energy by leaps and bounds. Zano's point about "Thirst being mistaken for Hunger," is also true.

We have had this discussion before but it is so important that it bears repeating.

Maybe Li4g can find her great info on the subject.

What I do:

1.) Have a nice, metal bottle that you can refill indefinitely without making any impact on the planet. I have three 32 ounce ones that I fill in the morning.
    2.) Drink 24 ounces first thing in the morning. Especially migraine sufferers....I got migraines for years. Hydration is so important since migraines are vascular - the vascular system needs proper hydration to maintain elasticity.
    Try it. Migraines suck. Water rules. speedmetal.gif

3.) Any other chronic pain: see #2 :wink:
    4.) If you want to drink from a glass, refill it every time you empty it, have it with you wherever you go.
    5.) Stop drinking soda. Especially diet soda. The sodium is self-defeating. Any soda is a waste of your money and the resources of the planet.
    6.) Watermelon counts, wuwu. I think it must be 99% water LOL.
    7.) When exercising, you need to drink MORE than the above recommendation. I add 16 ounces for every 30 minutes of aerobic exercise.
    8.) The potty breaks will diminish once your body gets used to the intake (about two weeks.) If you find yourself going more than four times a day and getting up more than once a night, you need to see a doctor.
    9.) The more overweight you are, the MORE important this is!!! Give it two months. You can do anything for two months. See how much better you feel, and you'll never go back.

p.s. I only drink water and Green Tea now. It was a struggle at first, I was a Pepsi-a-holic. I would never go back to how I felt before. Stick with it. You can do it. :flowerforyou:

(don't you miss my "edits"?)

Well, I'm doing better on my water. 3 bottles yesterday, and a bottle is 4 glasses of water. So much better than I've been doing. The street to our house is closed off today, parked the car outside the neighborhood and so we have a mile walk to get to it, so i'll be staying away from home today so i don't have to walk that much in the heat. if it's hot. i don't think my kids can make that trip too many times... even if it would be good for me!

did good on my eating and logging yesterday. back on track.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Did my water today already, whoo hoo. have a sore throat, how's that' possible with all the water I'm drinking? Stupid allergies. Ate at McDonalds today, couldn't go home due to road closure so we had to be gone for a few hours, they had a play area there... means very few cals for dinner, but i think i can do it. if not i'll hit the gym tonight. I took the easy way out and ate there rather than getting a salad elsewhere and then taking the kid there to play and eat... wasn't worth it (food is terrible), why do I do that??

stayed up too late last night reading a book I got at a garage sale... usually i'm up late reading because I can't sleep, this was because the book was so exciting! rare for me to find a book that interests me THAT much. Ridley Pearson "The Pied Piper"
  • cyndeebee
    Options
    The Pied Piper...Is it a mystery?