Pizza

Options
2»

Replies

• krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    LOL A piece of the little ceasar's would have been better.

I make mushroom pizzas:

1 portobella mushroom cap w/ gills removed (wash the top with a wet paper towel, don't submerge it in water)

2 tbsp of jarred pizza sauce

1/4 cup shredded cheese

Then add the toppings you want. I like turkey peperoni

Put it in the oven at 350 for about 20 mins and you have a low carb/ calorie pizza that totally satisfies!

I just made these Thursday and LOVED them!!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Look at emily bites website ... AWESOME site btw
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Rice 1/2 head of cauliflower on a hand grater, mix with oregano, 1 to 2 tbsp of parmesan, 1 egg. Spread (app. 1/4" thick) on baking tray covered with parchment. Bake at 450 F for 20 mins, turn over (the easiest way is to put a second tray and more parchment over it and just flipping the whole thing). Bake for another 15 min.

Makes one hell of a tasty pizza crust!! You can top that whichever way you like and bake for another 15 min or so!! Delicious and very low cal/carb :happy:
  • sherry9300
    sherry9300 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Well, making your own is a great option. I do the same thing myself...however, there are those ocassions where you're going to have to eat with everyone else, so if your husband orders Little Caesar's are you are so inclined to have pizza, then have one or two pieces and a big green salad. Learning to eat regular food in moderation is a real success in my opinion!
  • ew513
    ew513 Posts: 35
    Options
    Lean Cuisine has several types of pizza.... they are pretty tasty. I take them to work for lunch. Somewhere around 300 calories give or take.
  • hsmithway
    hsmithway Posts: 191
    Options
    homemade pizza is probably the best - you can add what you like and control what goes on

That's what I do. I entered my pizza recipe in the tool here on MFP, and it's only about 150 calories a slice.
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    CPK frozen personal size pizzas! (I'm in college so they're a lifesaver!) My favorite is margherita. But you can also make your own with a tortilla, some pizza sauce (I'd use less than a full serving as that is less sodium), you can choose your shredded cheese, and add your toppings! (I add a little bit of basil, sometimes some mushrooms and tomato slices...it's really good)
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Panago's Primo shrip has only 120 cal per slice.(1/8 medium pizza)

Tropical sauce, ice shrimp, red peppers, green peppers, onions, pineapple and mozzarella

Visit http://calorielab.com/restaurants/panago-pizza/primo-shrimp/2088/41456 for more details
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    LOL A piece of the little ceasar's would have been better.

I make mushroom pizzas:

1 portobella mushroom cap w/ gills removed (wash the top with a wet paper towel, don't submerge it in water)

2 tbsp of jarred pizza sauce

1/4 cup shredded cheese

Then add the toppings you want. I like turkey peperoni

Put it in the oven at 350 for about 20 mins and you have a low carb/ calorie pizza that totally satisfies!

I just made these Thursday and LOVED them!!

^^^ This its soo good! sometimes I also use english muffins or tortilla bread they also come out pretty good